Great opportunity if you are looking to develop your skills and interest within Women's Health - 9mth fixed term maternity leave cover as part of the Early Pregnancy / Gynaecology team.
Experience in Women's health or surgical environment essential along with effective communication skills. You will be working as part of an enthusiastic and forward thinking nursing team.
The post holder will support both the medical staff and specialist nurse's in the running of the specialist clinics including colposcopy, Fast Track, menorrhagia, minor procedures, Early Pregnancy/Emergency gynaecology and Gynaecology outpatients. As part of this role the nurse will support both patients and staff before, during and after examination and procedure.Main duties of the job
The main responsibilities include the following for full details please refer to the job description attached:
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate sensitively with patients and relatives.
- Provide high standards of professional practice to ensure quality and safety of patient care, experience and the patient journey
- To be responsible for contributing to the creation and maintenance of a clinical environment in which care compassion is consistently demonstrated, ensuring patient centred care, privacy and dignity is practiced at all times.
- Chaperone clinicians and patients as required
- Take an accurate nursing history of individual patient
- Identify individual patient problems
- Identify the priorities of nursing care for individual patients and can take advice where appropriate
Yeovil District Hospital is now part of Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor a full list of duties and responsibilities, please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationSkills and qualificationsEssential
- oNMC Registered Nurse
- oAt least one year's post registration experience
- oEffective communication both written and verbal
- oPlanning and organisational skills
- oAbility to prioritise work and that of the team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExperience of working in Women's Health Clinics
- oUnderstands the current cervical screening programme
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
GAU / EPAC - Women's Hospital Yeovil District Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.