Community Specialist Palliative Care
The West Cornwall Community Specialist Palliative Care team are a small team of specialist nurses who are based across the West Locality
We are a cohesive and dynamic team, who work closely with primary care colleagues (GPs and Community Nurses) to deliver a high standard of Specialist Palliative Care to our patients and their families as well as supporting our community nurse teams in delivering end of life care.Main duties of the job
Community Specialist Palliative Care
The West Cornwall Community Specialist Palliative Care team are a small team of specialist nurses who are based across West Locality
We are a cohesive and dynamic team, who work closely with primary care colleagues (GPs and Community Nurses) to deliver a high standard of Specialist Palliative Care to our patients and their families as well as supporting our community nurse teams in delivering end of life care.
We are looking for a motivated and confident registered nurse to join our team working 22.5 hours a week.
Applicants will need to evidence relevant experience in the community of extensive end of life care and support to patients and their families who have palliative care needs.About us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications and Relevant ExperienceEssential
- Current professional registration - NMC
- Professional qualification - RGN - level 1
- Degree level study in relevant subject
- Evidence of own professional development and additional specilist training in relevant area to post-graduate diploma level
- Evidence of teaching experience
Skills and ApptitudeEssential
- Recordable teaching qualifications
- Independent nonmedical prescriber
- Counselling qualification
- Extensive relevent post registration experience
- A working knowledge of the priorities of care of the dying person and gold standard framework
- Proven palliative or oncology experience
- Proven teaching skills
Knowledge and abilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in primary care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Knowledge and skill to evaluate research and ensure evidence based practice
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical governance and ability to apply practice
- Awareness of relevant government initiatives and political agendas with the relevance to Specialist palliative care and end-of-life care
- The ability to deal calmly with stress and distressing situations
- Evidence of up to date mandatory training
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within primary health care teams and as part of a multi professional team
- The ability to establish good working relationships in order to promote best practice
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
North Kerrier based at Camborne Health Office
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.