As a large Acute NHS Trust within London providing care to a very diverse population we regularly have requirements for Registered Mental Health Nurses to support the general nursing teams in caring for patients with underlying chronic or acute mental health diagnoses. We are currently recruiting Registered Mental Health Nurses to join the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Staff Banks who may often be required at short notice for a range of day and night duties. Candidates with dual qualifications can register for both work streams.Main duties of the job
- Be NMC registered Mental Health Nurse with a good understanding of the Mental Health Act (1983).
- Be willing to work across departments, including our busy A& E.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach to the provision of quality, effective safe care delivery.
- Have experience of working with patients who may be confused or exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Understand the importance of maintaining patient safety and minimising risk in accordance with Trust policy and procedure.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
Demonstrate a good understanding of the importance of supportive and flexible team working.About us
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is an Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC) and the largest trust in the country. Our mission is to provide world class healthcare for our patients, through excellence in research, education and training. Passionate about the quality of care we deliver and looking for staff who can be developed along the Trusts core values of Respect, Innovation, Care, Achievement and Pride.
We are an NHS Trust of approximately 14,000 people, providing care for over a million and a half patients from north west London and beyond every year. We have a rich heritage and an ambitious vision for the future of our patients and local communities.
With our partners, Imperial College London, and The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, we form Imperial College Academic Health Science Centre, one of 6 academic health science centres in the UK, working to ensure the rapid translation of research for better patient care and excellence in education.
We are proud of our heritage in innovation and we are early adopters of new insights in technologies, techniques and treatments for improving health.
Please note: As part of our continued response to COVID19 we are conducting the majority of our interviews virtually with limited face to face interviews. We require candidates to have the camera on during the interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This is an exciting time to join the bank as an RMN as we start to develop a substantive Trust wide team and a broader strategy for how we care for our patients with Mental Health needs. Bank Mental Health Nurses will play a key part in the team, providing flexible support specific to each site and bank staff will also have access to training and development opportunities to enhance their practise and build on their existing expertise.
We are therefore keen to hear from highly motivated and talented Mental Health Nurses wishing to work flexibly with our Staff Bank. We are looking for Mental Health Nurses who are adaptable and comfortable with covering all wards as demand requires - this could mean being redeployed to another ward during the course of a shift. By joining the Staff Bank you put yourself at the top of the list for any shifts requiring extra staff throughout the Trust. We have long day shifts, day shifts and night shifts available.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- - 6 Months experience in the last two years as a Registered Mental Health Nurse in an acute hospital in the UK.
- - Have all the required pre-employment documentation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- - Excellent Communicational skills.
- - Team player.
- - High passion for patient care.
- - Previous experience within this role.
- - Excellent understanding and experience with dealing with patients that have suffered trauma and giving high quality of therapeutic care.
- - To be able to work with a range of patients, who are struggling with a range of mental health illnesses.
- - Maintain Patient confidentiality at all times.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
S Wharf Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.