Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for a thrilling opportunity to make a significant impact in healthcare? Look no further! We are excited to invite skilled professionals to join our esteemed Improvement Faculty Team, a centralized hub for colleagues seeking guidance in improvement, change management, transformation, and financial efficiency.
Why Choose Us?
- Be part of a team with overarching goals to enhance patient care quality, improve clinical outcomes, elevate colleague work experiences, and optimize resource utilization.
- As a pivotal member of the Trusts Transformation Team, you will work closely with Program Leads, clinical, and operational staff to plan and execute projects that drive positive change.
Main duties of the job
- Take charge of managing project RAID, ensuring seamless processes from idea inception to delivery, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement cost-saving and service improvement ideas, contributing to the overall enhancement of Trust services.
- Apply PMO methodology to support the improvement of Trust services, collaborating with the Programme Manager to monitor progress, ensure value for money, and deliver effective, sustainable improvements for patients and staff
To understand the role in more detail, please read the attached job description and person specification document.About us
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here, and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall, we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients we also care for you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Details of the main responsibilities can be found on the job description and personal specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Desirable Contractual RequirementsEssential
- Degree and/or Masters or Equivalent qualification or senior experience in a project delivery environment.
- Recognisable project Management Qualifications
Knowledge and Skills RequirementsEssential
- Must be able to travel between hospital
- Project Management knowledge and experience
- Specialist subject matter knowledge of project management theory, tools, and techniques.
- Understanding of how to define and measure a cost or quality improvement.
- Ability to identify, understand and manage change opportunities that will lead to a cost benefit to the organisation.
- Prioritisation and time management skills.
- IT literate and knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Advanced report writing and presentation skills
- In depth understanding of how acute hospitals work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation, and facilitation and able to convey highly complex information and ideas clearly and succinctly, particularly where results are achieved through others not directly managed by the post holder.
- The ability to analyse complex data. Identifying the main issues in complex problems, clarifying understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option.
- Highly skilled in formulating solutions to problems and managing those solutions through to completion.
- Acting as a role model in supporting and energising teams to build confidence in their ability to deliver outcomes.
- Knowledge of staff and change management at a senior clinical level.
- Ability to formulate clear, robust, and deliverable plans taking into account information from multiple sources.
- Experience of working in a Health Organisation
- Experience in financial management
- Awareness of key strategic initiatives in the local health authority
- Experience of setting up the right level of governance structure and process to assure a project will meet objectives on time, within budget and to specified quality.
- Significant experience from delivering successful projects
- Experience of management/leadership of people.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of leading projects in an NHS environment
- Experience of working collaboratively across organisational boundaries
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.