We are looking for a Band 5 Qualified Nurse/ODP to work in the DTC Theatre/Recovery` area.
With a specialist range of post-op Day-Surgery patients coming through Theatre your role will be to support the team and provide optimal care of paediatric and adults -coming through theatres.
You will work in a small, efficientand friendly team focussing on excellent care for our patients.Main duties of the job
- Providing skilled support to the clinical team, ensuring necessary / appropriate equipment is available for treatment needs of the patients and reporting any faults or issues appropriately.
- Skills to work across various areas within theatre, recovery within own competence.
- Mentoring junior members of staff and students.
- Supporting colleagues within theatre and the multidisciplinary team asnecessary. Communicatingany changes within the theatre list to all departments in the DTC following team brief.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Professional UK registration e.g. NMC, HCPC
- Understanding of Health Environment policies and legislation including Clinical, HR, E& D, Governance
- Adherence to current statutory requirements, standards and regulations
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) clearly recorded for professional profile
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Experience of staff supervision
- Good communication skills to communicate complex, sensitive or confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Airway management skills/understanding
- Clinical Skills appropriate to the relevant area
- Understands the legal responsibilities of the profession
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate
- Ability to cope with working in a stressful and unpredictable environment
- Ability to comprehend and work within the Trust's policies of data protection, equal opportunities and Health and Safety
Other Specific RequirementsEssential
- Customer Service experience i.e. dealing with complaints
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- BLS Course
- Background of ODP or Anaesthetic nurse
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.