We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Registered Nurses/ Theatre Practitioners to join our teams based across Hywel Dda University Health Board. We have vacancies available in the following areas:
- Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics - Bronglais General Hospital, Aberystwyth.
- Theatre Practitioner - Scrub - Bronglais General Hospital, Aberystwyth.
- Theatre Practitioner - Recovery - Withybush General Hospital, Haverfordwest.
- Theatre Practitioner - Scrub - Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthen.
- Operating Department Practitioner - Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthen.
- Registered Nurse - Day Surgery Unit, Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthen.
- Registered Nurse - Day Surgery Unit, Withybush General Hospital, Haverfordwest (Part time vacancy only - up to 20 hours).
Theatre Practitioner posts are available to both nurses and operating department practitioners.
Please note, HCPC registration will only be accepted for Theatre roles.Main duties of the job
We are looking for Nurses/ Operating Department Practitioners that are passionate & motivated about delivering the best care possible, who have excellent communication skills and are willing to work as part of a committed and skilled multi-disciplinary team.
Theatres and Day Surgery - There are multiple theatre sites across Hywel Dda University Health Board which cover a range of specialities including, but not limited to, emergency surgery, obstetrics, general surgery, trauma and orthopaedic. Each individual theatre team comprises of scrub staff, circulating staff, Operating Department Practitioners, Recovery staff and HCSW's, and there are a range of opportunities within main theatres and day surgery units. The shift pattern will depend on the area worked and can be discussed at interview.
There may be an expectation to travel to other sites when needed.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (six of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
https://fb.watch/hzQjE8HzTN/Person SpecificationQualifications and Knowledge - NursingEssential Desirable
Qualifications and Knowledge - Theatres onlyEssential
- Degree in Nursing
- Evidence of post registration study and training e.g. POVA
- Evidence of post registration study and training e.g. Child Protection
- Evidence of post registration study and training e.g., Intermediate Life support if required in a clinical setting
- Current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health and Care Professionals Council registration (HCPC)
- Registered General Nurse OR Registered Operating Departmental Practitioner
- Commitment to undertake an appropriate course of study
- To have knowledge and understanding of all surgical specialities within the operating department
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Experience - NursingEssential
- Diploma in theatre perioperative practice
- Pre-registration evidence in direct nursing care
- Experience of providing holistic nursing care
- Interest in developing nursing skills
Experience - Theatres onlyEssential
- Clear understanding of clinical governance framework
- Implement evidence based practice
- Evidence of experience use of equipment and materials
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post registration experience
- Relevant experience in all specialities - General/ orthopaedic/ gynae/ urology/ trauma
- Experience in the supervision/ teaching of students, support staff and others
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Health Board Wide
Health Board Wide
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.