We are seeking an experienced children's nurse to undertake the exciting challenge of Deputy Sister on Robins Ward. Robin's Ward has something for everyone. We are a ward that cares for children from a range of specialties including neurosurgery, plastics (including craniofacial and cleft lip and palate services), ENT, opthalmology, neurology and neuro rehab.
Deputy sister/Charge Nurse involves coordinating shifts, maintaining safe care and clinical practice, as well as considering skill mix in every shift. It will provide you with the chance to build upon your leadership skills, and to gain a broader understanding of many aspects of management.Main duties of the job
As Deputy Sister, you are required to demonstrate and promote best clinical practise at ward level, maintain the standard of professional practice and decision making. Apart from the clinical role, the job also has leadership and management aspects in terms of managing the ward team with appraisal, mentorship and education as well as development needs. We are looking for someone who has the right qualification, experience, and expertise to carry out this role. Full time and part time hours will be considered.About usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more here www.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellence
and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Supported by the Ward Sister you will act as a role model and be responsible for deputising in their absence along with the other members of the Senior Nursing team. You will be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent clinical and communication skills, with an ability to lead and motivate others. You will also enjoy teaching and supporting junior staff as well as pre and post registration students.Person SpecificationEducation ,training and ExperienceEssential
- Registered Children Nurse (UK recognized qualification )
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Past experience of working in Children Hospital
- Minumum of 3 years acute care registered nurse experience or evidence of ongoing professional development (eg HDU course, Neurosciences Course)
Clinical practise & LeadershipEssential
- post-graduate qualification in relevant to an area of practice
- Ability to manage and run the ward within the boundaries of role through effective communication and innitatives.
- Ability to supervise registered and non-registered staff
- Ability to lead the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies/protocols/guidelines relevant to area of practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of managing clinical incidents and complaints
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Children's Hospital Oxford - Robins Ward
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.