We have an opportunity to work as part of a small team providing a specialist service to people living with Dementia in a community setting.
Our service aims to provide support and advice to patients and their families on how to deal with communication and swallowing difficulties related to dementia.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work as part of a small specialist team based in Telford providing a service to people who live with dementia, their families and carers.
You will provide assessment and management for a wide range of communication and swallowing disorders. One third of the post is dedicated to training both families and staff in a number of different settings.About us
The dementia team sit within the wider community SLT team which covers the county of Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin.
We are a small but well established team who cover a range of clinical areas including all four community hospitals providing both a ward based and outpatient service, in reach to the local IDT teams and domiciliary teams. We also cover the specialist orthopaedic hospital and specialist spinal unit.
We provide a countywide voice service, which accepts referrals from numerous sources. We input into a joint ENT consultant clinic and are in the process of re-establishing SLT led nasendoscopy clinics.
Our acute colleagues deliver a video fluoroscopy clinic and we are in the process of re establishing a FEES service.
We are strong advocates of regular clinical supervision, management supervision and actively seek to support the health and wellbeing of our colleagues. We have regular whole team meetings and CPD sessions.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Evidence of specialist clinical training in relevant areas
- Evidence of broad range of pre and post qualification experience
- Evidence of experience in relevant area of clinical practice - Dementia, neuro and dysphagia
- Evidence of teaching/ student experience
- Experience in audit and research
- Evidence of CPD (portfolio) detailing clinical experience relevant to the post.
- knowledge and understanding of Clinical Governance
- Knowledge of current Evidence Based Practice relevant to post.
- Evidence of Specialist level of clinical reasoning
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of leadership ability
- Organisation, planning, prioritisation and decision making skills
- Clinical supervision, teaching, mentorship and appraisal skills
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.