Are you looking to progress your career and develop specialist and advanced clinical knowledge and leadership skills in a friendly and forward thinking department that offers great CPD opportunities?
We are looking for a therapist with excellent communication skills and proven post graduate experience in working with clients with acquired communication and swallowing disorders to join our team.
Our team works across Hull and East Yorkshire providing adult speech and language therapy across several community settings including community inpatient units, specialist multi disciplinary stroke services, community clinics and domiciliary visits. We also run a fortnightly community videofluoroscopy service. You will be well supported by senior staff with advanced clinical knowledge in areas of stroke, voice, dysfluency, dysphagia and aphasia.
We are fully committed to staff development and a robust supervision and appraisal framework in place. Staff are supported in accessing external training and have been involved in research and service development projects. Staff are also provided with the necessary information technology to enable flexible and mobile working.
For further information please contact Anna Ray, Professional Lead for Speech and Language Therapy via firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 01482 303669Main duties of the job
o To be accountable in own area of clinical responsibility, ensuring the delivery of evidence basedclinical interventions and practice for a complex specialist caseload.
o To continue to demonstrate advanced clinical skills in practice and provide support and advice re service development and the delivery of care in partnership with patients, relatives, staff, managers, external agencies, across a number of teams/geographical areas.
o Accountable for the high quality therapy services to adults with speech, language and communication needs and dysphagia.About us
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeopleand we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcareto thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13th largest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached to this job advert for full details on the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Post Graduate Diploma in relevant specialist area or Professional qualification to Degree level supplemented by specialist accredited training and experience in specialist field(s) equivalent to post graduate diploma level
- Postgraduate Dysphagia qualification and/or evidence of competence at the specialist level on the RCSLT Dysphagia competencies
- Current HCPC professional registration
- Current RCSLT membership
- Leadership qualification/equivalent experience
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation and guidance relevant to clinical and service area
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Specialist understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area.
- Evidence of undertaking audits/surveys
- Basic IT skills
- Member of specialist interest group/network, locally or regionally
- Develop to advanced/expert understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area
- Evidence of sound post-registration professional practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area at a specialist level of care
- Experience of multi-agency/professional working
- Experience of case load management within specialist service area
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active patient/relative involvement/participation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of complex case load management within specialist service area
- Presentation skills/training experience
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Highlands Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.