Dorset County Hospital' s Digital Portfolio Team is looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager on a full time fixed term basis for 24 months. The post holder will play a key role in the delivery of projects to agreed assurance and governance standards and in line with the Trust's strategic direction.Main duties of the job
This is an important and varied role working within the Trust's Digital Services department as part of the Digital Portfolio Team. This role will deliver a broad range of digital projects involving the implementation, development or reconfiguration of systems, digital services and infrastructure along with the associated changes to business processes. The postholder will report to the Digital Portfolio Manager who will oversee all digital projects at a high level, but the postholder will be required to show considerable initiative in undertaking a number of key projects using the PRINCE2 project management methodologies. The postholder will be required to apply effective project management disciplines to deliver projects on time, within budgets and to the defined quality standards required to achieve identified benefitsAbout us
The Digital Services team is a friendly, supportive, and dedicated group of digital professionals who are committed to providing outstanding support services to Dorset County Hospital.
The post holder will work closely with digital colleagues from all services including:
- Clinical Systems
- Digital Portfolio Team
- Business Intelligence
- Health Records
- Clinical Coding
- Digital Technology and Infrastructure
- Digital Change and Training
The successful candidate will be fully supported and be provided with opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge as part of their role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description for a detailed description of the role and its main responsibilities.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Degree or equivalent qualifications and/or equivalent practical experience.
- Prince2 practitioner qualification
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Relevant qualifications or study e.g., Agile, ITIL etc.
- Business Change knowledge.
- Working knowledge of IT industry.
- Experience of working in the NHS or health sector in a project related capacity
- Experience of managing process mapping
- Experience of managing a team of staff
- Experience of contributing to and supporting management of project budgets
- Experience of managing clinical or business change
- Proven team working
- Proven supervisory skills
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience of supporting the implementation of complex multidisciplinary DT& I related projects
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of NHS clinical systems
- Experience of issuing and analysing complex data including reports, audits and surveys for projects
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including MS- Project. MS-Excel and Internet Explorer
- IT, Audio and visual equipment literate
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Confident and an ability to motivate and inspire confidence in others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and equally effective as part of or with key responsibilities in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Negotiates and influences effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Able to plan and prioritise project workload to meet deadlines and deal effectively with conflicting priorities
- Show resilience, stamina, and reliability under pressure.
- Business Change skills
- Ability to think innovatively and develop new ways of working, continuously striving to improve services, systems, and performance.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the service and adaptable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to analyse a range of facts and situations, coupled with the ability to assess and compare options where required
- Enthusiastic and committed to service and personal development.
- Ability to manage change and the cultural change linked to the adoption and use of technology
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.