The NHS is changing. More emphasis on community-based care means there's never been a better time to join us.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable qualified Health Visitor to join our caring and progressive team in Sittingbourne.
We're a close team but we're never exclusive, if you can bring a professional approach and fresh ideas we would love to hear from you.Main duties of the job
Our health visiting teams provide support to families with children aged zero to five. You'll be juggling a varied caseload and you'll need to be confident and flexible to provide the best support for new and growing families.
As a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse you will work as part of a team to keep children safe and well in Sittingbourne.
You will use your clinical judgment to support evidence-based care planning and make sure that children and families who use our services have a good experience.About us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our values C
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Our career pathways will help you achieve your aspirationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place on the 19th December.
Find out more about the community difference here.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered health care professional (NMC registration) Health related degree and evidence of relevant post graduate development at Level 6 Evidence of Specialist qualifications relevant to area of practice - Specialist Community Public Health Nurse
- PRINCE 2 or equiv. project management training PTLLS/DTLLS, PGCE or Certificate in Education Management or supervisory qualification or experience of study Working towards Master level study
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in area of practice Practical experience in managing health related projects/complex caseloads Supporting others (mentor / educator / supervisor) experience
- Experience of leading and managing teams Experience with the use of Microsoft Office and a variety of IT packages (E-Pay / E-roster/ AT-P/ CIS)
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Understanding of National Service Frameworks and NICE guidance to relevant to care setting and its application across health care services Evidence of continued relevant professional development and implementation in practice within the last 12 months
- Understanding of training needs in relation to post Ability to manage time effectively, priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines Ability to work effectively with a variety of people at all organisational levels across different sectors including areas of social deprivation Ability to communicate complex, sensitive information to individuals and groups Strong influencing and negotiating skills
Ability to ManageEssential
- Ability to motivate and organise others to ensure best practice. Ability to manage and lead change Ability to work under pressure Flexible and adaptable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to support the implementation of local and national agendas for health under the guidance of the senior Practitioner Ability to prioritise care delivery in a professional manner, taking into account Trust policies and procedures. Ability to manage own time effectively.
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
188 Carver Drive Kent Science Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.