Accountable to the Head of Financial Services, the post-holder is responsible for the running and development of the Accounts Payable, Receivable and cashier teams. This includes all systems and processes involved in the day to day management of, Cash, Key Performance Indicator Monitoring (KPI), team members performance and Financial accounting, including the intra NHS Agreement of balances exercises.
As Transactional Services Manager, you will support the Head of Financial Services to enable timely submissions of the monthly and year-end national performance returns and statutory accounts. The post-holder will work with the Senior Financial Accountant (SFA) and Head of Financial Services and other Senior members of the team in the completion of the Trust's month end reporting and Annual Accounts ensuring that accurate and detailed working papers are maintained for audit. The post-holder will also share the responsibility of discussing any complex issues that arise with internal and external auditors and trust staff at all levels.The post-holder will also be responsible for:
Main duties of the job
- Ensuring the timely production monthly and Year End reports, and ensure the Trust has enough cash to pay suppliers on a weekly basis to be reviewed by the Head of Financial Services
- Ensure that appropriate paperwork is in place to make timely invoice payments to third parties
- Ensure that debts are being recovered on a timely basis and reported to the Head of Financial Services
The post holder will be responsible for
- The post will support the Head of Financial Services in the modernisation agenda of the Financial Services Team. This role will also include the leadership of specific projects. The modernisation agenda includes
- Development of e-solutions including automation of the Accounts Receivable function
- To develop automated and standard reporting metrics for use in the Divisions e.g. compliance to PO policy Support in the implementation of automation within the Accounts Payables, Receivables, and Cashier teams, including KPIs implementation and reporting on divisional performance and Trust wide performance against the Better Payments Practice Code and compliance with the Trust's No PO No Pay Policy.
- Automation of supplier invoice (e-invoicing, & Trade Shift) and streamlined Accounts Payable processes
- Ensure Governance arrangements and SFIs are effectively followed and reported, including losses and special payment
- Assist the Financial Services team in responding to Internal and External Audit reports and in implementing agreed recommendations.
- To ensure that internal financial controls support an effective system of financial governance in line with the Trust's Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions and Financial Procedures and Protocols, statutory and best practice requirements.
- Ownership of the Trust's BPPC, Aged Debtor & Creditor analysis on a weekly and monthly basis, completing the sections on the PFR
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT) provides a full range of general acute, outpatient and diagnostic services at The Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, the Herts and Essex Hospital in Bishop's Stortford, and St Margaret's Hospital in Epping.
We employ 3,500 staff and serve a local population of around 350,000 people living in west Essex and east Hertfordshire, centred on the M11 corridor and the towns of Harlow, Bishop's Stortford and Epping. Our extended catchment area incorporates a population of up to 500,000 and includes the areas of Hoddesdon, Cheshunt and Broxbourne in Hertfordshire.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, and cashiers
- Support in the completion of Trusts NHSE
- Input into the production of monthly finance accounting reports to ensure deadlines are
- Support in the effective and timely production of the weekly and monthly performance reports to the Head of Financial Services on key indicators, for both internal to the Trust and statutory performance
- Oversee Working Capital, and Agreement of Balances procedures of the annual accounts, and ensures production of the statutory returns for these
- Supports any other aspects of the year end accounts (including stock take) process as required, including the overall timetable, production of relevant working papers, liaison with internal and external stakeholders, and key members of staff both in and out of
- Review all working papers created by their team and ensure a good audit trail of all workings are in place to enable external auditors to access relevant information during the audit process. Liaise with both internal and external auditors as required to resolve any queries they may During submission of the accounts there will be a requirement to work for longer periods of time at a high level of concentration
- Ensure all balance sheet control accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that issues identified are communicated and resolved
- Reviews all relevant local financial systems and procedures on an annual basis and updates them as required.
- Ensures that requested amendments to the financial chart of accounts are acted on
- Support completion of the cashflow plan for the
- Supports the Head of Financial Services and other Senior members of staff in identifying any cash support requirements by regularly reviewing AP and AR ageing reports.
- Reconciles the cashflow management processes to the Trusts statutory External Financing Limit (EFL) and produces monthly performance reports on EFL performance.
- The Financial Services Manager will provide direct line management responsibility for The Accounts Payable Supervisor, Credit Controller and Cashiers. Specifically, he/she will have responsibility for the recruitment, training, appraisal and development for and of the team, including responsibility for maintaining professional standards and continuous professional development across the team
- Provide sound professional and technical financial support to Trust Managers.
This job description may be subject to change according to the varying needs of the service. Such changes will be made after discussion between the post holder and the manager. All duties must be carried out under supervision or within Trust policy and procedure.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in light of changing circumstances.
The post holder might be required to work across the Trust at any time throughout the duration of his/her contract, which may entail travel and working at different locations.Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- Part (intermediate finalist) qualified CCAB (Consultancy Committee of Accountancy Bodies) Qualification or CIMA with up to date membership or actively studying towards a professional qualification
- Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent)
- Experience at a mid-level Finance post within NHS
- Experience of undertaking and implementing change
- Experience of leading and working in a team
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of working within an Acute Hospital Trust
- Problem solving: having the capacity to analyse problems in a logical and structured way using qualitative and quantitative information, generating optional and innovative solutions and adapting approaches to problem-solving to achieve sustainable outcomes
- Insight: being able to anticipate problems, to understand the driving forces behind problems, or potential problems and being able to identify and use the levers to achieve change
- Presentation: being articulate and skilled in presenting ideas to others
- Be articulate with practised and developed interpersonal communication and presentational skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have good insight and be able to handle constructive criticism
- Driven to a desire to succeed and achieve results whilst recognising the need to behave corporately and with mutuality
- Exercise tenacity in dealing with issues
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
Kao 2, Kao Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.