Every day, our professionals provide high quality healthcare in schools, people's homes or at convenient local clinics and children centres, helping children and families to stay well, manage their own health with the right support and avoid unnecessary trips to, or long stays in, hospital.
Central London Community Healthcare Trust (CLCH) has an exciting opportunity available for passionate and committed School Nurse to work across Ealing. We are looking for candidates with excellent clinical and communication skills to join our School Nursing team contributing to delivery of 5- 19 Healthy Child programme. You will help make a tangible difference to peoples' lives and enjoy the very best of London life on your doorstep.Main duties of the job
The School nursing Teams are seeking dynamic individuals with a strong public health focus who are fully committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our diverse school aged population. You will be a highly motivated individual with an interest in proactively managing health promotion initiatives.
CLCH welcome applications from newly qualified and experienced School Nurses. Some of the benefits of working with CLCH include: a robust preceptorship programme for the first 12 months, outstanding safeguarding support from our safeguarding team, and comprehensive suite of training for school nurses, professional development opportunities and clinical supervision, staff awards and annual educators/mentors conference to celebrate the outstanding contributions made by our staff.About us
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
As an NHS trust,we are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetingsto discuss issues andmake plans to improve CLCH . Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full list ofresponsibilities. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To plan, organize and evaluate an innovative School Nursing service, and where appropriate, delegate to other members of the School Health team to ensure delivery of a quality service to a cluster of high complexity schools
- To participate in service development and health improvement activities.
- To work in collaboration with other health care and service providers, including head teachers, to identify and address health needs for school age children and young people and to ensure seamless delivery of services
- To collaborate with team colleagues in order to deliver the Quality Strategy objectives
- To be visible in schools on a regular basis, as agreed within the partnership agreement
- To deliver the role specific elements of the Universal Healthy Child Programme 5-19 (DH 2009)
- Registered Nurse with current UK NMC registration
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse School Nursing / or Differing in Practice in school nursing
- Evidence of continuing post- registration education and training
- Practice Assessor course
- PSHE Course
- Community nurse prescribing qualification or prepared to work towards.
- Recent school nursing experience
- Recent school nursing experience
- Be able to co-ordinate health promotion initiatives in line with local and national health improvement targets
- Experience of working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and inter-agency working
- Experience of organising and managing own workload
- Experience of assessing, planning and implementing programmes of care and writing care plans
- Experience in providing practice based learning support to others
- Experience of evidence based care
- Experience of supervising students
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Counselling qualification
- Teaching qualification
- Mental Health First Aid training
- Knowledge of recent developments in primary care and community services
- Knowledge of current health and social care agenda relevant to area of work and professional practice
- Current knowledge of safeguarding issues
- Appropriate knowledge of clinical skills
- Knowledge of quality issues, the audit process and clinical governance
- Knowledge of NMC Code
- Knowledge of Personal Development Planning
- Knowledge of clinical supervision
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities can be implemented in practice
- Knowledge of managing difficult situations and conflict resolution
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work without direct supervision and plan, organise, review and prioritise own workload and others
- Able to delegate work effectively and safely
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to children/young people and organisational needs
- Critical appraisal skills and ability to utilise research evidence in practice
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to adapt to change and have an open approach to new ways of working
- Caseload organisational skills
- Able to travel within geographical areas using varying modes of transport
- Able to deliver the physical demands of the role e.g. carry work essential equipment.
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Hanwell Children's Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.