We have an exciting full-time/part time considered opportunity for registered nurses with surgical experience or any other background, who have a keen interest in Surgery to join our dynamic team on ward 2 SEU (Surgical Emergency Unit).
Ward 2 is a 16 bedded ward caring for General Surgical, Urology, Plastic and ENT patients. We are also proud of establishing a new service SDEC with trolley/chaired area for assessment, treatment and ambulatory care to provide Same Day Emergency Care for surgical and urology patients.
You must have a keen interest within a surgical field. You must also be committed to excellence with a friendly, positive attitude, and be an active team member.Main duties of the job
Responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without supervision. To assist in the monitoring of performance and work of the Nursing Team, providing education and support as appropriate. To regularly take charge of the shift, managing the shift as safely and effectively as possible.
The ward has a positive approach to flexible working in order to help our staff achieve a healthy work/ life balance, an ethic that is strongly supported by the Trust. Consideration will be given to applicants looking for part-time working hours. As a department we take extreme care pride in our staff, ensuring that your professional development is paramount. If you wish to broaden your professional skills and gain expert knowledge in a fantastic specialist field, then this opportunity is for you!About usWorking with us at Frimley Health will give you the chance to deliver care you can be proud of! We work closely as a Multi-disciplinary Team working alongside general surgeons, Physiotherapists, Occupational therapist and specialist nurse practitioners, all striving to provide the highest standards of clinical excellence.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDetailed job description and main responsibilities
- Responsible for the assessment of patient care need, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without supervision.
- To participate and assist in systematic monitoring and evaluation of nursing practice.
- To participate and assist in setting standards of patient care based on sound evidence-based findings, implementing these into practice.
- Ensure that the nursing practices of the area comply with the Trusts Nursing policies and procedures and maintain high standards of nursing practice.
- To comply at all times with the NMC Code of Conduct.
- Communicate effectively and liaise with all health care staff as appropriate.
- To encourage and maintain good relationship with Medical Staff and other members of the Primary care & Social Services teams in order to provide the best care.
- To support the implementation and maintenance of Team Nursing within the clinical area, taking responsibility for a caseload of patients. Within this system of case management, co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patients along their clinical pathway, reporting any variance from the pathway. Take named responsibility for co-ordinating individual patient discharge.
- To participate in Quality Assurance initiatives within the unit, implementing action as a result of these initiatives.
- Current NMC Registration.
- Evidence of recent Continuous Professional Development.
- Working towards gaining a mentorship course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work without supervision
- Teaching experience
- Good interpersonal skills
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.