We are recruiting CBS Specialty Team Leaders
who wish to join #TeamIOWNHS. You should share our passion and drive to ensure that our patients receive quality and compassionate care and work with us to ensure the Trust continues its journey towards great people, great place.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our acute centralised outpatient booking service. The team are responsible for the effective and timely delivery of access, managing patient waiting lists across outpatients and our elective admission services in the Acute division.
The postholder will work alongside the Operational Manager for the service portfolio area, supporting the delivery of key performance standards that underpin the elective recovery programme.
We are looking for somebody who shares our passion about providing excellent CARE, which is why our values areC
veryone counts. Our mission is to make sure that our community is at the heart of everything we do and that we hold our values across all our services.Main duties of the job
Day to day management of the administration functions of the Department including the organisation of workload and cover for absences. Develop and effectively utilise administration staff in order to ensure that Departmental objectives and functions are met with appropriate skill mix and competence levels.
Responsible for monitoring and reporting of all patient waiting lists, identifying issues to the Operational Manager within the existing governance structure.
In conjunction with the Operational Manager support the delivery of all aspects of key workforce priorities such as recruitment, induction, training and first line management level processes such as sickness absence as required.
We are committed to endorsing inclusion, diversity and multiculturalism throughout out services and as such, our procedures and policies ensure that applicants are always treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Please contact Simon Trotter for more information about the posts on .About us
The Isle of Wight NHS Trust is the only integrated acute, community, mental health and ambulance health care provider in England. We serve a population of approximately 150,000 residents, making the services we offer variable and personalised with a flexible approach to our service users.
Working for our Trust brings a variety of benefits, including an onsite day nursery, cycle-to-work scheme, discounts at local businesses and gyms, and the opportunity to hire Trust's beach hut in Ryde. We offer many flexible working opportunities, speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement for you and if it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
The Isle of Wight is a unique and stunning gem located off the South Coast of England, a short ferry journey from Portsmouth and Southampton, with journey times taking from as little as 10 minutes. London can be reached in 90 minutes by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. The island offers an amazing coastline with beautiful countryside, year-round events, festivals and award-winning attractions.
Our 2020-2025 strategy sets out to ensure that we continue to be a provider of excellent and compassionate care. As part of this strategy, we are proactively taking steps to ensure that we recruit and retain the highest quality of talent to provide CARE and we would welcome applications from under-represented groups to ensure our Trust is an inclusive and diverse employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.Person SpecificationAptitudesEssential
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise own workload effectively
- Exercise own judgement effectively when prioritizing work
- Use own initiative effectively in all situations
- Motivated with drive and commitment to deliver results
- Work can be unpredictable and so should be flexible in the way they work
- Conscientious and motivated to improve service provision within remit of role
- Ability to receive and communicate complex information of a highly confidential and/or sensitive nature using discretion and integrity
- Able to work alone and as part of a Team
- Evidence of continued Personal Development
Qualifications and role specfic knowledgeEssential
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills including experience of taking minutes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A good standard of education to Degree Level or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of working for Senior Management
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal systems and structures within the organisation.
- Experience of interpreting complex requirements.
- IT experience, including using all Microsoft Office Suite Programmes and experience of data entry systems
- High level understanding and working knowledge of the NHS e-Referral Service
- Excellent verbal and written communication Managerial / Leadership skills
- Ability to make administrative / procedural decisions and judgments
Isle of Wight NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Isle of Wight
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.