The Safeguarding Domestic Abuse Practitioner provides direct support to service users and clinicians in assessing and responding to domestic abuse, harmful practices and sexual safety incidents . As a member of the Safeguarding Team the Practitioner brings expertise to the Trust in this priority field, and actively contributes to training, and policy and practice development. The role must be committed to co-production with service users and those impacted by domestic abuse. Developing and maintaining strong networks with partner agencies is key to this role. The post is supported with training opportunities, supervision and access to flexible workingMain duties of the job
Assessment and intervention
Training and staff support and development
Policy and practice development
Participation in key safeguarding Team roles, including duty work
Maintaining professional networks with key stakeholder
Co-production with service users
Engagement with clinical supervision and commitment to professional developmentAbout us
The partnership between Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust (BEH)
and Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust (C& I)
is going from strength to strength since it was originally established in 2021 forming the North London Mental Health Partnership. Why choose to join the Partnership?
- We believe that by working together, our two Trusts can achieve more for the residents of North Central London and our patients than we can by working apart.
- Deliver the best care using the most up-to-date practise in supporting those with mental health illnesses.
- Transforming and creating a positive environment for our service users, staff and visitors.
- Creating and working together to become a great place to work for all our staff.
- We offer flexible working, a wide range of health and wellbeing initiatives, NHS Pension and so much more.
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- NHS Discounts in a large variety of retail stores and services.
- We have excellent internal staff network support groups.
The postholder will need to be comfortable working in an environment of complex matrix management arrangements and will at all times behave and align with our Trusts' values and cultural pillars:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We are kind
- We are respectful
- We work together
- We keep things simple
- We empower
- We are proudly diverse
For further information regarding the main responsibilities of this role, please refer to the Job Description attached.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- 3 years working expereince in DA
- Safegaurding Expereince
- CPD and related training
- Risk assessment skills
- IDVA experience and understanding of role
- Working knowledge of safeguarding adults and children
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Passion for working with survivers
- Demonstrable tact and sensitivity
- Team work skills
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Pancras Hospital
4 St Pancras Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.