We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed ward manager for our multispecialty private care ward. The ward manager will be expected to co-ordinate all functions and activities within the specialist clinical environment. The role includes working alongside Theatres, CCU, Interventional Radiology, Admissions, Outpatient ACU and other wards within the trust.This ward also has renal services which focuses on renal transplant partients and Diyalisis, you will be exspected to manage this service alsongside the cardiology inpatients.The ward manager will provide strong leadership, co-ordinate training of the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury's wing team provide good communication, teamwork and collaboration with all colleagues.
The successful candidate will be an experienced nurse with the background specialised in cardiology with proven leadership skills and the vision and passion to help develop a new service and optimise high quality patient care. Being a good team player, they will work with the Matron and nursing team leaders to help foster good communication and improved processes to enhance the patient pathway. This is a demanding but very rewarding role with a Trust that is committed to the ongoing development of its staff.
You must possess a first level degree and a relevant cardiology qualification or training. We are looking for a strong clinical leader with good collaborative skills who is enthusiastic about enhancing patient care through service improvement.Main duties of the job
- Manages the full nursing team to include annual appraisal, staffing rotas, performance and sickness management, recruitment and selection and the supervision of students
- To provide high quality, effective, individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision.
- The Sainsbury wing site has a number of complex specialities these include renal, haematology, hepatobiliary and cardiac.
- Each band 7 is expected to lead on quality improvements within the patient pathway, this post is to initially take a lead role in the development the cardiac pathway and pre-assessment pathway in the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury wing
- Assists in the management of the ward or department budget
- Monitor standards of nursing care and take appropriate action to maintain and improve them
- Assists in continued monitoring of patient experience and harm free care
- To respond to patients, relatives and carers concerns and complaints as they arise and take remedial action as required
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered nurse degree or greater
- Teaching qualifications -SSSA /Mentorship in practice or
- Relevant specialist course or equivalent experience
- Working towards MSC
- Cardiology/ Cardiac experience and Renal or relevant course in key specialities.
- Organisation, administrative and management skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Coaching skills.
- Ability to appraise staff
- IT skills including use of email and office packages.
- Knowledge of NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Knowledge of budget management
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Experience of leading and developing a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and management of post renal transplant patients.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.