We have an exciting opportunity for Band 6 Sister/Charge Nurse within our Cardiac Progressive Care Unit (PCU).
Is providing excellent Nursing care and getting the basics right one of your key drivers? Do you love developing others to become excellent at what they do? Is making a difference and doing the right thing fundamental to you? If your answer to these questions is yes, the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse role may be right for you.
Great Sisters and Charge Nurses have a strong sense of ownership of their wards/departments and love to be in charge. They're honest and straightforward and they have high standards. They thrive on the busy nature of the role, they love being on top of things, they have a lot of drive and they keep going when things are tough.Main duties of the job
- To develop and provide specialised programmes of nursing care to a diverse range of patients and support to carers within the critical care areas.
- To lead a team of qualified, support and student team members.
- To take charge of the unit/dept regularly.
- Support the Senior Sister/Senior Charge Nurse in ensuring the highest standard and quality of nursing care is delivered.
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes a firm commitment to professional development of it's staff together with the provision of an excellent health and well-being support service.
The Cardiac PCU is a six bedded level 2 care facility, caring for patients who have undergone cardiac and thoracic procedures and require step down care from Intensive Care. It is an integral part of the cardiac and thoracic surgical pathways, and also occasionally provides provision for level 2 acute cardiology patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered on part 1 or 12 of the NMC register.
- NMC registration
- Evidence of post registered education relevant to role
- Teaching and Assessing certificate or equivalent qualification/experience
Special Skills / AptitudesEssential
- NTCCN ITU course or equivalent (completed or working towards).
- Ability to manage change
- Effective communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Extensive experience of caring for the acutely ill patient in an acute setting
- Experience of managing an acute level 2 facility
- Experience of caring for patients with cardiac/thoracic conditions including in a level 2 facility.
- Band 6 experience
- Knowledge of patient flow within an acute service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of patient care and the needs of the service
- Excellent role model for all Health Care professionals
- Awareness of the role of PCU within the patient pathway and experience of managing patient flow
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.