The post holder will support the HQS in the delivery of the quality, safety and patient experience agenda.
The post holder will work with a number of senior clinical, nursing and operational managers to create a patient safety culture that focuses on high quality care standards, preventing avoidable harm and avoidable death by using evidence based best practice, lessons learned and data to identify a practical approach that supports quality, safety and patient experience.Main duties of the job
- Patient Experience
- Quality Improvement
- Patient Safety
- Risk Management
- Incident management and assurance
- Datix risk management system
- Dashboard development
- Risk Register development
- Management of NHS Redress Incidents, Complaints, Ombudsman Claims, Inquests
Implementation of and monitoring compliance against all quality and safety related Health Board Policies, Procedures and Strategies
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
- Standards for Health Services in Wales
- Welsh Risk Pool Management Standards
- Coordination and monitoring of safety alerts and implementation
- Person Centered Care: Demonstrates in everyday work, organisational values and role models person centred approaches to care.
- Team Working: ability to develop effective working relationships on an individual and multidisciplinary basis with all levels of staff take time to listen, understand and involve people, receptive to appropriate change.
- Effective communication skills: ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, clinical staff and other agencies. Communicate openly and honestly and explain things clearly.
- Empathy and sensitivity: ability to listen, understand and involve people see people as individuals and do the right thing for every person.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one tea
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Assist the HQS in developing and reviewing the Quality and Safety (Q& S) Governance processes within the ILG .
- Assist the HQS in ensuring that services are delivering against the Health & Care Standards.
- Facilitate, support, and lead on specific programmes of work to take forward initiatives within the quality remit as prioritised within the ILG.
- Support ILG and CSG teams to align existing governance meetings to ensure consistency and standardisation where possible/practical.
- Prepare papers to support the reporting of governance issues through UHB meetings/committees.
- Ensure the team co-ordinate and distribute relevant papers to ILG and CSG Management Teams in readiness for Q& S Governance meetings.
- Support complex concerns management including family meetings and assist HQS in management of any breaches.
- Support HQS with incident reviews, including chairing of Serious Incidents (SI) meetings, chairing, delegating tasks and ensuring all relevant aspects of the SI review process are complied with.
- Chair meetings that facilitate the development of actions post incidents with the CSG triumvirate.
- Support HQS to develop the Research and Development agenda developing partnership working with the two local Higher Education Institutes (HEI).
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educated to Degree Level
- Leadership / Development experience at a senior level
- Working Knowledge of Datix
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Quality Governance Framework
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.