A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time Band 7 Respiratory Clinical Nurse Specialist- Tuberculosis (TB) and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) within Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust.
Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust considers the Band 7 clinical specialist role as pivotal to the optimal care of our patients and to the success of our Trust. The delivery of high quality, effective and compassionate care is the most important role within the organisation. This clinical leadership role therefore has the authority required to deliver the responsibilities and accountabilities outlined in this job description.
The core components of this role are to support the work of the respiratory team with particular focus on TB and OSA patients.
You will need to be confident, have excellent clinical skills and have expertise in respiratory care, good communication skills and demonstrate a desire to provide high quality, specialist respiratory care and management to people with a Tuberculosis (TB) and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)Main duties of the job
You will act in a specialist role clinically facilitating, co-ordinating and providing the best possible evidence-based care to patients within the Trust diagnosed with Tuberculosis (TB) and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
You will work closely with the multi-disciplinary team (MDT), and you will inspire the TB and Sleep team to support and empower patients to understand, manage and improve their own respiratory health.
You will also co-ordinate the supply of respiratory audit data to the Trust and for National audit submissions to improve patient care.
There will also be a clinical role to provide service continuity.About us
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations. What we Offer:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- There is access to clinical expertise and oversight to enable the optimal care of our patients 7 days a week.
- There will be access to continued professional development and support.
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and professional team
- Your life outside HHFT is important and the Trust are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements this can be discussed at interview
For further information about this role please see Job Description document attached.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential
- highly specialised clinical skills within respiratory medicine
- evidence of post graduate learning in respiratory medicine
- significant experience of managing patients with respiratory conditions
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- knowledge of tobacco dependency treatment
- Ability to motivate self and others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly specialised clinical skills across the relevant speciality
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.