We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Band 7 Senior Charge Nurse within Imperial Critical Care at the Hammersmith Hospital site. We are a fast paced Critical Care unit that cares for Post Op Cardio-thoracic, Hepatobiliary, upper Gastro-Intestinal patients and a range of other specialties.
The position will allow the successful candidate to join our existing established and highly motivated team of experienced Critical Care nurses to lead our services and promote a high standard of care.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about implementing change and can motivate and generate ideas. As a Senior Charge Nurse you will be instrumental in the day to day running of the unit. You will also lead a team to manage service improvement projects to raise standards of patient care. You will assist our team of Clinical Educators to provide training and education in your areas of expertise.
Critical Care at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is provided across three Intensive Care Units at three hospital sites in West London (Charing Cross, Hammersmith and St Mary's Hospital). We cover a variety of specialities including Major Trauma, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiology, Hepatobiliary, Haematology, Cancer and Renal. However, as the service is provided in three separate units which enables us to maintain excellent team dynamics whilst benefiting from the shared learning of working in a collective Critical Care department totalling 94 beds.Main duties of the job
- As a key member of a multi professional team, ensure appropriate referral and discussion with other members of the team to optimise patient care
- Ensure patients are assessed, have care plans that are implemented and evaluated in accordance with Trust's evidence based procedural documents
- To have local open and transparent communication channels that support the ward team to do the right thing for people we care for, to be bold when they have good ideas and to speak up when things go wrong
- Act as a clinical expert within sphere of work
- Have continuous responsibility for the ward area, providing visible professional leadership and line management for a team of nursing and support staff
- Ensure staffing is in line with Trust policy
- Manage budgets and resources efficiently and effectively
- Be responsible for the safety and cleanliness of the clinical environment
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Teaching Qualification or equivalent experience.
- Relevant clinical post registration course - completed.
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Significant experience at Band 6 in a relevant clinical setting
- Knowledge of budget management
- Extensive experience within speciality
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Experience at Band 7 as a team leader
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Organisation, administrative and management skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Competency in medication administration including IV drugs
- IT skills including use of MS Outlook
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.