We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager (Registered Mental Health Nurse) to work with the multi-disciplinary team on Ward 2, which is an acute admissions ward in the Acute and Urgent Care Service line
Band 6 DWM nursing roles are only open only to staff with a nursing registration, obtained as a result of completing a qualification recognised by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Ward 2 is a busy, highly functioning 18 bedded mixed-gender acute admissions ward located on the Springfield Hospital site. We are looking for passionate and dynamic nurse to join our well-established team.
The successful candidate is expected to work with the ward team and the service line in providing high-quality nursing care. He/she will be a skilled and motivated individual and where experience of working in an acute mental health service is preferable it is not essential.
We are an innovative service and are constantly striving to improve the quality of the service we provide. You will therefore be expected to engage in ongoing professional development and appraisal. You will also be expected to contribute to the strategic development of the service.
The post holder would be expected to work a rotation of days, nights and weekends to meet changing service needs. We would like our applicants to be enthusiastic, creative, positive and have very good communication skills..Main duties of the job
The successful candidate should have the ability to:
Agile and flexible working:
- Develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
- Develop a team atmosphere through hard work, calmness, tolerance and consistency, attempting to fulfil work projects with honesty and integrity.
- Be persistent in problem solving, seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others, researching the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Remain self-controlled and be prepared to listen to what others say and feel, deal with conflict in an accommodating manner and use practicality as a method for reaching a solution.
- Provide optimum levels of leadership, if required, encouragement, training and support.
- Mentor, counsel, coach and generally support those who are not confident in their area of competence, building morale and personal esteem and generally encouraging others to give their best performance.
- Be firm and persistent when expressing views and provide thoughts and ideas to overcome problems once the situation has been properly debated.
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to work weekends, weekday and nights.About us
We are Proud to Belong at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust.
We have expert services, a rich history and a clear commitment to providing the best quality care for those with mental ill-health. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as 'good' - we aspire to be 'outstanding'.
This is a great time to join us. We are transforming the way we care for our communities to support our mission of Making Life Better Together. We have built two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital, which are amongst the best in the world. More developments are planned across our sites and services.
We are inclusive and diverse and strive to be actively anti racist. We want to attract people from all backgrounds and experiences to enrich the work we do together. We are proud to co-produce and involve our local communities in all that we do.
We offer flexible working, career development and a variety ofbenefits to enable a positive, welcoming environment in which our people and their careers can thrive. About our location: Springfield University Hospital, Tooting
Our largest, 19-ward site is in Springfield Village, created following our �150m investment into two new world class mental health facilities. A 32-acre public park, shops and cafes are coming soon. Close to shops, cafes and Tooting Bec on the Northern Line plus Earlsfield and Tooting rail stations and bus routes.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Deputy Nursing Team Leader/Clinical Charge Nurse/CommunityPsychiatric Nurse/Practice Development Nurse role is suitable forRegistered Nurses who have successfully completed preceptorship and have registered as an approved NMC mentor.
The post holder will deliver, or advise on the delivery of, high quality safenursing care, ensuring consistently high standards of practice and clinicalexcellence which comply with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) code of professional conduct.
As a Deputy Nursing Team Leader/Clinical Charge Nurse/CommunityPsychiatric Nurse/Practice Development Nurse you will promote anddevelop clinical leadership and clinical practice and be a positive role model to junior members of the team through the practice of evidence-based care.
You will be expected to support professional development through clinical appraisal and supervision and contribute to the ongoing educationalprogramme for staff, fostering a positive learning environment. Yourprofessional and personal development will include further postgraduate study and you will be encouraged and supported by your line manager to undertake Masters programmes.
As a senior nurse working within the South London Mental Health andCommunity Partnership you are required to encourage and fostercollaborative and cross organisational working.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
Desirable Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Adult Nurse and/or Registered Mental Health Nurse and/or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse
- Mentorship qualification
- Experience of research-based/reflective practice, e.g. understanding and ability to use supervision to reflect on skills, attitude and knowledge and develop these by using evidence based practice.
- Significant relevant clinical experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience as a preceptor / mentor
- Knowledge of clinical governance and audit
- Knowledge of relevant Professional and Clinical legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of taking responsibility for a ward / clinical unit.
- Experience of engaging / supporting clinical research projects
- Experience of supporting practice development in clinical areas
- Experience of teaching. e.g. lecturer practitioner/preceptorship
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff
South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Springfield University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.