Provides professional leadership and direction for planning, negotiating and delivering approximately �500 million clinical contracts, being accountable for maintaining and developing relationships with Trust commissioners at a local and national level. Understanding the changing national context for commissioners and providers and implications for the Trust.
Responsible for defining and leading the Trust performance management framework aligned to national strategies, regulatory requirements and local Trust requirements ensuring effective communication is achieved at all levels across the Trust and to all relevant external stakeholders and agencies.Main duties of the job
1. Performance and Contract Management LeadershipProvides strategic and operational leadership to the performance and contract stakeholders locally, regionally and nationally to deliver improved patient care. Provides advice and guidance to the Trust Board on the relationships with direction.Keeps the Trust and Board up to date with commissioning changes anddevelopments (such as anticipated changes in tariff etc) or new contracting arrangements or models. Identifies risks to income or contracting and maintains appropriate records of these and mitigations. Leads on the preparation, conduct and negotiation of the annual contracts with commissioners. Exercises leadership for the functions of the directorate, maintaining standards, ensuring high quality work, representing the functions externallyincluding through contributing advice at national level where appropriate. Develops and maintain effective links with commissioners and external bodies such as Local Authorities and regulators.About usSouth London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
provide the widest range of NHS mental health services in the UK as well as substance misuse services for people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. We work closely with the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King's College London and are part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre. There are very few organisations in the world that have such wide-ranging capabilities working with mental illness. Our scope is unique because it is built on three major foundations: care and treatment, science and research, and training.
The Trust employ around 5000 staff and serve a local population of 1.1 million people. We have more than 230 services including inpatient wards, outpatient and community services. Currently, provide inpatient care for approximately 5,300 people each year and treat more than 45,000 patients in the community in Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark as well as substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
By coming to work at our Trust, you will gain experience of being part of an organisation with a rich history and international reputation in mental health care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to masters degree or equivalent relevant post graduate professional qualification
- Management qualification and/or extensive knowledge and expertise acquired through training and experience up to doctoral level
- Project Management qualification
- Significant experience of leadership and management at a senior level within a health or social care setting
- Understands business and financial concepts
- Comprehensive experience of healthcare contract management and support, to include business planning, negotiation, schedule development and monitoring
- Experience of building and managing productive stakeholder relationships
- Experience of collaborative leadership arrangements at a senior level including leading and developing a multi professional management team
- Experienced in the development and implementation of strategy experience of complex change management and the development of new initiatives
- Experience of translating regulatory requirements into operational frameworks experience of taking operational performance data and producing reports for regulatory submissions
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Has achieved transformation which has resulted in change
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Deep understanding of healthcare provision together with an awareness and appreciation of current NHS policy and priorities particularly in relation to mental health
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.