We are looking for a skilled enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, to join our supportive and progressive team of 14 speech and language therapists (SLTs) and 1 assistant, based at East Surrey Hospital. This acute hospital and the SLT service, is growing rapidly with a busy, mixed caseloads and specialities including stroke, critical care, and voice.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to demonstrate experience and advanced knowledge in the acute stroke unit.
The Stroke Unit is a busy 36 bedded ward (Hyper Acute & Acute Stroke beds). You will work within an established multidisciplinary (MDT) team and will contribute to the daily board rounds, weekly MDT, goal setting and discharge planning meetings. You will be expected to support the MDT in the delivery of National Stroke Targets (Sentinel Stroke National Audit Programme (SSNAP) which inform service review and development.
This role will include active participation in the well-established, SLT-Led videofluoroscopy clinic as well as access to the inpatient FEES service. You will be supported to develop competencies in videofluoroscopy.
The successful applicant will be supported by highly specialist practitioners in the team, and have access to a robust CPD and clinical supervision programme.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to work under pressure, whilst being flexible to the needs of the service. They will be required to work as an autonomous practitioner, as well as being integral team member of the multidisciplinary team, working collaboratively to support individuals and their families.
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application clearly reflects where you match them including any examples you would like to highlightPerson SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.