Due to maternity leave within our team, we are excited to offer this opportunity to develop your skills in education and training.
As a specialist Technician/Pharmacist in Education & Training, you will be an authority on educational resources and have oversight of the provision of education and development of our pharmacy team (including pre-registration pharmacists, apprentices and pharmacy students). You will be supported by a team comprising of a Pharmacist and Technician. You will also work alongside the Pharmacy Senior Team and the Trust's Education Team to ensure optimum medicines management training within the Trust. Flexible working patterns will considered. Main duties of the job
About usWhat we look for:
- To support the Lead Pharmacist (Education, Training & Audit) lead, develop, deliver and evaluate the Education, Training and Workforce agenda within the Pharmacy Business Unit with respect to the management of medicines, in line with pharmacy Service Level Agreements and objectives set by the Associate Director of Pharmacy.
- To deliver, assess and monitor training to pre-registration Pharmacists and pharmacy students.
- To support implementation of the audit program for the pharmacy service.
- To ensure the effective management and development of all staff, including ensuring that all staff members have an annual appraisal and development review.
- To ensure that systems are in place for the effective and fair recruitment and selection of staff in line with Trust policy.
- To implement and maintain systems to ensure the effective induction and on-going training of all staff.
- To lead on apprenticeships for the Pharmacy department alongside the Lead Pharmacist (Education and Training)
- To ensure that effective two-way communication takes place at all levels within the service, developing and maintaining systems and approaches to staff communication and training
What we Offer:
- An accomplished communicator with experience in education & training
- A registered pharmacy professional with a passion for education, and a working knowledge of professional requirements for practice & career development
Who we are:
- Supportive and friendly teams, within Pharmacy and the Trust
- Opportunities for training & development, personal & professional
- Collaborative working within and outside of the Trust
- Your life outside HHFT is important and we are happy to consider flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements this can be discussed at interview
The pharmacy teams are friendly and supportive. Our service has a strong multidisciplinary approach with extended roles, including medicines administration and extended practice roles. The performance of our Training Team has been recognised as excellent and we are known for our keen approach to development.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a fast-follower in the Digitalisation of Hospital Services, aiming to automate pharmacy supply both within pharmacy and on the wards. We have two acute general hospitals (Royal Hampshire County Hospital and Basingstoke & North Hants Hospital) and a community hospital (Andover War Memorial Hospital) to provide a wide range of clinical services to the population of North and Mid Hampshire, and to the wider health system as one of two tertiary referral centres for Pseudomyxoma peritonei in the UK #AspringToBeTheBest Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached JD
This job description is designed to assist post holders with understanding what is expected of them in their role. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust may ask them to undertake other duties, as required, which are not necessarily specified on the job description but which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
The job description itself may be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder, within the scope and general level of responsibility attached to the post.
All post holders must take responsibility to ensure that they are aware of and adhere to all Trust policies, procedures and guidelines relating to their employment regardless of their position within the Trust.Person SpecificationRegistrationEssential
- GPhC registration required
- Educational Supervisor course
- Award in vocational assessing
- Leadership and Management qualification
- ACPT qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Experience in Education and Training Provision within pharmacy
- Experience in direct line management/supervising others
- Experience of audit, risk management, SOP development, implementing improvements
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester (cross-site working is required)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.