We are seeking a degree or masters graduate in a health science-related discipline with either a research doctorate (PhD) or experience in evidence reviews equivalent to a PhD to join our friendly team at CEDAR, part of Cardiff and Vale University Health Board with links to Cardiff University.
CEDAR supports decision making in healthcare through its contracts with national policy organisations and programmes including the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee (WHSSC), and the Welsh Value in Health Centre (WViHC) . CEDAR also supports economic assessments, original research and service evaluation projects.
We have a vacancy for a Principal Clinical Evaluation Scientist / Researcher.
The post holder will support this by producing rapid evidence reviews on specialist treatments and presenting the findings to committees of experts and lay people whilst leading a team of evaluation scientists to achieve these outputs. An understanding of healthcare is essential, as is the ability to write and present clearly on complex health care interventions, keeping a number of topics on track to meet tight deadlines.
This exciting, dynamic role will also involve developing the health technology assessment team to further enhance their knowledge and capabilities as CEDAR continues to develop and explore new funding opportunities.Main duties of the job
The post holder work within the Cedar team supporting the Cedar Director or Deputy Director in the delivery of specialist research. The post holder will act as team leader for evaluation and appraisal of evidence, and all associated work.
The post holder works independently within a framework of defined occupational policies. They lead tertiary evidence assessment, including searching, review and appraisal activities within Cedar. They will produce high quality written work including evidence scopes, protocols and reviews and report under tight and strict deadlines.
All work will be conducted within professional guidelines and relevant operational policies and procedures.
The post holder will also support the longer-term objectives of the Cedar team.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About usCardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is Caring for People, Keeping People Well,
and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Good (1st or 2nd class) Honours degree in relevant scientific subject (e.g. scientific or engineering subject, psychology, etc.) or equivalent experience Relevant Masters degree (MSc) (e.g. health economics, research methods, clinical engineering, information management, ergonomics, etc.) or equivalent experience Research doctorate (PhD) Experience in evidence reviews equivalent to a PhD
- Able to manage all aspects of a project e.g. including literature review and evidence synthesis. Able to work to tight deadlines. Evidence of successful project and time management skills Able to communicate effectively (in person, verbally and electronically) with a wide variety of stakeholders Significant experience of searching publication databases for clinical research Experience of undertaking in-depth literature searches and clearly documenting them
- Experience of delivering information skills training Experience of searching for social science research
- Able to undertake systematic evidence reviews Able to carry out critical appraisal and evidence synthesis Excellent project management and organisational skills Able to prioritise and manage own work Able to work to tight deadlines Able to exercise own initiative when dealing with issues within own specialist area of competence Able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team. Able to report appropriately and effectively to line manager.
- Specialist skills in rapid evidence reviews Able to present information effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of systematic literature searching methodologies IT Skills (Microsoft Office Suite, searching web-based resources and using reference management bibliographic software) A keen interest in evidence-based medicine Knowledge of reference management software (e.g. EndNote) Specialist knowledge of the evaluation processes of NICE Knowledge of CE and UKCA marking, interpretation of standards and GCP training
PERSONAL QUALITIES (Demonstrable)Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practice
OTHER (Please Specify)Essential
- Self-confident in new and challenging situations and aware of own limitations Able to engage the enthusiasm of others in tasks that are important to you Able to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Able to work with within existing quality procedures Able to work accurately and with diligence and persistence. Eager to learn new knowledge and skills and have enthusiasm for change.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to respond positively to changing priorities and working patterns, as required by the funding organisation and others
Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.