We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who will work well as part of a team. Maple ward consists of 22 surgical beds, 3 HOB beds and a surgical assessment unit offering highly skilled ambulatory care. We support a wide variety of surgical disciplines including general surgery, urology and gynaecology and work closely with the surgical teams and our surgical day unit.
You must have good organisational skills, be self-motivated and flexible. You will be expected to act as a role model at all times, promoting the trust values and striving to be the best in all areas of practice.Main duties of the job
Thisdescription indicates the main functions and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be a complete list. It will be amended as necessary in the event of future changes.About us
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description
We also offer a number of other benefits for our Band 5 Staff Nurses which include the following:
- Refer a Friend - You will receive a �250 payment if you refer a nurse to us who subsequently takes up employment in our Trust (paid after the new starter completes 4-months in post).
- Pre-registered Nurses will be paid Band 5 pending their pin
We are proud to offer our Multi-Professional Preceptorship Programme to all newly registered practitioners. This is a wonderful opportunity to welcome you into your new teams and our Trust, providing you with support and guidance as you develop in confidence and competence whilst transitioning from student to autonomous professional.
Preceptorship lasts 12 months and you will be assigned a preceptee who will support coach, mentor and guide you through regular meetings, along side a programme of structured learning
For more information please see the documents attached or contact the Preceptorship team yhs-tr.preceptorship.nhs.net Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- GCSE or equivalent English and Maths grade C or bove
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NMC professional registration - Adult field
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.