Working with our new Chief Executive and the Executive team, this new post will offer you the opportunity to lead a broad portfolio that will make a difference to the services we provide.
As a values based leader, you will lead strategy, transformation, quality improvement, digital services (including EPR) and develop our approach to being more commercial and innovative. The role will bring together the portfolios of strategy, culture, and improvement to bring about transformational change within the organisation. This portfolio may be subject to change as it is currently being finalised.
You will also be the NWAFT representative at the North Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Partnership, to ensure that our patients get access to the best possible services that meet their needs. The Trust is committed to improving staff and patient experience and believes that an increased focus on shifting our culture to one that is more inclusive and compassionate will help us to progress. With many excellent achievements already in place, including thriving maternity services and the new Hospital Programme for our Hinchingbrooke site, we are building on our strengths and really focussing on those areas that still need improvement, including elective and cancer performance.Main duties of the job
Bringing significant NHS experience at Executive level, you will be a voting Board member and will be able to evidence how you have successfully led similar priorities. Our Trust values, although due to be reviewed in 2024, form the basis for how we work with staff and patients, and you must be able to demonstrate how you will do the same in this role.About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.Benefits to you.
o 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) o NHS Pension Scheme:o Flexible working opportunities o Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays o Career development and training o Wellbeing support and activities o In-house physiotherapy Service o On-site canteens with subsidised meals o Subsidised staff parking (currently free).o Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the Candidate Pack for Job Description, Person Spec and additional information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- Higher degree in relevant discipline or equivalent
- Change Management or organisational development qualification
- Evidence of achievement in senior board level leadership in a large multi-site NHS organisation
- Experience of leading and achieving major organisational and cultural change and service transformation
- Experience of developing and implementing corporate strategy
- Clear working knowledge of the requirements of clinical and corporate governance
- Experience of successful partnership working with other healthcare organisations and external agencies to create integrated care pathways
- Experience of leading and delivering strategic business plans for the organisation
- Evidence of building and developing teams and being an effective team leader and team player
- Experience of working closely with, and influencing, all staff groups within a large NHS organisation
- Experience of leading complex organisation through significant change
- Experience of leading and delivering system wide plans
- Experience of leading Digital Transformation and Programmes.
- Experience of working at System level
- Comprehensive understanding of the NHS operating environment and current issues facing NHS Trusts, out of hospital services, Local Authorities and the third sector
- Comprehensive understanding of the national NHS priorities, the NHS Long Term Plan, Workforce Plan and ICS related issues.
- Evidence of ability to access and utilise appropriate education and development opportunities for staff in order to continuously enhance the patient experience.
- Evidence of quality improvement knowledge and application.
- Knowledge of the UK healthcare sector
- Knowledge and experience of policy development at a supra Trust level
- Knowledge and experience of health-related commercial business and academic institutions and the opportunities of joint working
- Ability to think and act strategically, developing practical, innovative and creative solutions to the management of strategic issues and complex problems.
- Dynamic, passionate, open, participative and supportive leadership style
- Effective motivator with strong influencing skills and personal credibility
- Proven skills in the development of alliances and partnerships
- Ability to analyse complex issues and identify potential solutions
- A convincing, compelling and credible communicator
- High degree of analytical skills
- Effective media communication skills
- Outstanding impact, drive, enthusiasm, commitment and presence
- Strategic vision and planning
- Ability to work effectively in a complex, matrix management organisational structure
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable enthusiasm and motivation
- Ability to engage an audience and to communicate with colleagues effectively
- Well-developed leadership skills and emotional intelligence
- Evidence of effective networking and partnership working
- Commitment to the strategic vision and values of the Trust and the NHS more broadly
- Intellectual ability to articulate and discuss complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure and be resilient in times of challenge
- Ability to demonstrate honesty and professional integrity
- Possess a well-developed sense of humour
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work flexibly and across hospital and community sites associated with the organisation
- Willingness to undertake training required for the job
- Tenacity: demonstrates high levels of self-belief, drive, enthusiasm and stamina to achieve goals and see things through.
- Intellectual flexibility, ability to think conceptually, recognise assumptions and evaluate arguments.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and provide innovative solutions.
- Confidence in achieving results in an inclusive and collaborative manner
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.