Are you a registered Pharmacy Technician? Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for a professional move from community to hospital? We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our diverse pharmacy Medicines Management Service at Scarborough.
You will be part of a team rotating through a variety of speciality wards including acute medicine, surgical, respiratory and cardiology which willgive you the opportunity to expand and enrich your clinical knowledge. This progressive role will enable you to provide excellent patient care and support to the ward based teams.
We strive to enhance the skills and knowledge of our colleagues to support them to progress both professionally and personally and this role is an ideal platform to demonstrate your abilities and further your career development. Full in-house training will be given to help you develop and gain confidence in the role.
You must have:
- A nationally recognised Pharmacy Technician qualification and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A flexible approach and commitment to accommodate the needs of the service
- A strong attention to detail
A requirement to participate in weekends, and bank holidays on a rotational basis will be necessary.Main duties of the job
With a patient-focused approach, you will
- Support the pharmacy department in the provision of complete pharmaceutical care to patients
- Deliver a high quality ward based medicines management service to a multitude of areas throughout the Trust
- Act as a role model and provide training and mentoring to junior staff members
- Carry out accuracy checking commitments
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences / QCF Level 3 in Pharmacy Services or equivalent.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- QCF Level 4 or above in a qualification relevant to the post.
- At least one year, post-qualification experience.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior staff.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Participated in the implementation of changes in service, products and / or systems.
- Problem solving.
- Able to use a range of computer programmes relevant to the post
- Audit of practice and / or of the impact of a change in the way the service is delivered.
- Able to use own judgement to prioritise tasks.
- Experience in objectives setting for a team.
- Flexible to changing work routines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop team-working within the section.
- Ability to demonstrate motivation for applying for a Medicine Management Technician - June 2021 Page 8 post in this organisation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to demonstrate our organisational values and behaviours: - Kind - Open - Pursue Excellence
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.