An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Transformation Team to take on the management lead role for a major work stream within our County Hospital Strategic Development Programme. Our Transformation of County Hospital will touch all of our services, this Work stream will focus on the development of our Elective Hub, centred round major capital investment in the development of our physical estate, but also working with divisional and system partners to make the most effective use of this new capacity in delivering our recovery programme and to develop services and clinical pathways that transform the experience of our patients. The successful candidate will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the strategic challenges to UHNM, alongside experience in financial management, business planning and working with senior stakeholders in an acute healthcare setting. This is a fixed term appointment for 24 months.Main duties of the job
For the main duties of the role please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact Alan Tonge.About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This is a fixed term appointment for 24 months.
For further details please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact Alan Tonge.Person SpecificationShortlistingEssential
Knowledge Skills Training and ExperienceEssential
- oEvidence of higher level study at Masters Level Alternatively professional qualifications, or working knowledge and experience at an equivalent level
- oExperience of managing projects / programmes
- oExperience of operating successfully in an organisation with high profile individuals seen as experts in their discipline
- oExperience in writing reports and business cases
- oStrong motivational, influencing and negotiating skills with proven experience of success with clinicians, directors, external organisations and stakeholders
- oExcellent written and verbal communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oEffective interpersonal and intrapersonal skills including high degree of self-awareness and self- regulation
- oTakes responsibility and is accountable for delivering to their agreed objectives
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Royal Stoke and County Hospital Sites (UHNM)
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.