The Help Desk Manager will ensure that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours by managing staff rota and schedules. They will lead a team of Service Desk staff including performing periodic performance reviews and setting objectives for personal development.
The role will be responsible for the management of the Service Desk daily operations, overseeing the team answering calls and emails during busy periods and ensuring that requests are prioritised appropriately including the request being logged and recorded in the CAFM Management system with the appropriate follow up being actioned. The role will also ensure that the Service Desk team follows pre-defined quality standards, response times and processes & procedures without deviation. The role will provide an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls are received. Strong skills in active listening are required as is a polite, empathetic and diplomatic approach to customer service.
The role will oversee the generation and sharing of data generated from the CAFM system to allow for service leads to manage their business' in an efficient and compliant way.
The Help Desk Manager will represent the Service Desk at organisational and department meetings. The role will also play a part in communicating significant changes to services and systems to rest of the team.Main duties of the job
- Day to day operational and business management of the Help Desk including mentoring, training, daily support of the team
- To ensure the Directorate are providing an efficient and professional Helpdesk service to the organisation, ensuring excellent customer service to all users
- Responsible for ensuring the Help Desk function log all calls on the Trust CAFM system following the correct procedure and ensuring tasks are prioritised correctly and delegated to the correct operative to resolve
- Ensure the compilation, analysis and interpretation of statistical data is undertaken to provide reports on a regular basis to the Directorate SLT
- Work with the CAFM project lead to design the future of the help desk when the new system is live
- Responsible for managing and coordinating complex support issues for clinical and corporate end users
- Provide an escalation point for all requests and complaints they will own and manage the escalation process, ensuring critical issues, such as those that might acutely affect patient care, are escalated, and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Lead on the development, maintenance and documentation of escalation procedures
- Ensure the timely resolution of incidents and requests in line with sometimes challenging Service Level prioritisation
GOSH is committed to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from bias and discrimination.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture where all staff are valued, respected and acknowledged. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability status or length of time spent unemployed.
We particularly welcome applications from BAME communities, people with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions and LGBT+ community members.
We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated fairly and consistently. We are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer, a member of Business Disability Forum and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
We have active and Executive supported BAME, LGBT+ and Allies, Disability and Long-Term Health Conditions and Women's staff networks. Staff networks are employee-led groups formed around interests, issues and a common bond or background. Staff network members create a positive and inclusive work environment at Great Ormond Street Hospital by actively contributing to the Trust's mission, values and efforts specific to inclusion. All of our staff networks are open to any employee.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both documents please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationValuesEssential
- Our Always values oAlways welcoming oAlways helpful oAlways expert oAlways one team
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Understanding of Diversity and Inclusion challenges in the workplace
- Demonstrable contribution to advancing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification / experience
- Educated to Post Graduate Diploma level and/or equivalent level of experience
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Management qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience in managing staff
- Considerable experience of developing and maintaining client relationships in a healthcare setting
- Considerable experience of good people management practices
- Have a proven track record of managing and leading teams to success
- Extensive customer service experience
- Significant experience in managing a help desk service
- Experienced in dealing with customers and know how to handle their queries effectively and sensitively
- Experience of leading and supporting staff through change
- Significant experience of developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all key stakeholders, ensuring expectations are managed
- Experience of encouraging a culture of common purpose, shared values and a commitment to collaborative working
- Experience of role redesign
- Excellent IT user skills, demonstrating proficiency in use of MS packages
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, driven for performance and improvement, and flexible in approach and attitude
- Ability to build and develop teams and maintain constructive working relationships
- Ability to network and communicate effectively with others and motivate, negotiate, inspire and influence others.
- Ability to perform to strict deadlines and switch tasks and priorities at short notice
- Ability to analyse complex problems and to develop practical and workable solutions to address them
- The ability to think and plan strategically, tactically and creatively, and to prioritise work programs in the face of competing demands
- Enthusiastic, tenacious and driven with determination to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Used to working on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Ability to recognise own strengths and limitations, seeking guidance when necessary
- Autonomously works guided by national policy, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, local policies, external legislation, internal governance, standards and procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Financial management skills
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Ormond Street hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.