Consultant Psychiatrist - Older Adult Psychiatry, RITT/MAS, Preston (10PA)
*Golden Hello payment Payable
* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over 2 years
We are seeking to recruit a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist to work as part of the Central Lancashire Rapid Intervention and Treatment Team (RITT) and Memory Assessment Services (MAS) team. The substantive, full time (10PA) post is based at Charnley Fold, Bamber Bridge, Preston.Main duties of the job
You would be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and as Consultant you would provide clinical leadership to the teams, with 4 PAs allocated to the RITT and 3.5 PAs in the MAS team along with a Consultant colleague. All referrals pass through a single point of access and are allocated a Care Co-ordinator who will liaise with the doctor regarding diagnosis and treatment as appropriate. Both the RITT and MAS teams are supported by multiple Consultant colleagues.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.About us
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Study leave budget of �3000 over 3 years or up to �5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available.
At our Trust, we're really keen to develop our Consultant workforce and nurture their areas of interest in a flexible way where possible. Come and have a chat with us about what your special interest or development area and build a suitable job plan with us. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area. There are also opportunities to have a role in Digital Leadership if this is a passion for any of our Consultants.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEdJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
The Job Description has been submitted to the Royal College of Psychiatrists for approval.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC Status or within 6 months
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge, skills and experience appropriate to this role
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bamber Bridge, Preston
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.