We are looking for a Band 8a, Dietetics and Nutrition Therapy Lead to join our innovative and enthusiastic Leadership Team working at University Hospitals Dorset NHS Trust. This post offers the ideal opportunity for development of a senior clinician with proven leadership skills.
The post holder will be based at Bournemouth and Poole Hospital and form part of the wider UHD Therapies service including speech and language therapists, dietitians, nutrition nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and assistants. The post holder will be directly responsible for leading the Dietetics and Nutrition team both at Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth Hospital, requiring flexible working across sites.
The UHD Dietetic and Nutrition teams provide a clinical service to the inpatient wards which includes acute medical wards, neurology, respiratory, surgery including bariatrics, elderly care and ICU, stroke, acquired brain injury, ENT/ head and neck oncology.
The Dietetic and Nutrition team are a respected and integrated part of the multidisciplinary team, with a positive record of developing innovative and patient centred services. The department has a strong commitment to research, clinical education and supervision. This role requires HCPC Registration
. Base Location: Poole Hospital Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.About us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
This means that some services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interviewJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- State registration with HCPC
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant post-graduate training at Masters level
- MSC in associated subject.
- Professional qualification to higher Diploma / MSc level
- An understanding of the changing NHS environment
- Post-graduate experience including leadership
- Budget management
- Staff management, including appraisals and recruitment.
- Service development
- Change management
- Contribution to operational planning at departmental level.
- To be flexible and multi skilled to ensure the priorities of the service can be met.
- A commitment to improving patient services through an ability to sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals
- Able to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Successful team leadership/motivation and development of others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Practical commitment to personal development.
- Self motivated
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to manage and deliver to deadlines and within resources
- Ability to analyse highly complex problems and to develop practical and workable solutions to address them
- Contracting and Equipment Procurement Practice
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.