An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and hardworking Band 5 Nurse/ODP to join Bradford Royal Infirmary's Maternity Theatre Team. We have two brand new state of the art purpose built theatres the new build also includes four recovery bays and two brand new Enhanced Maternity Care rooms all of which were opened in May 2022.
You will work as part of a dedicated and dynamic multidisciplinary team which includes midwives, MSW's, obstetricians and anaesthetists. At Bradford Royal Infirmary Maternity unit we care for a diverse community of women who choose to access our services. We aim to provide individualised care for both women with a low risk pregnancy and women with more complex pregnancy requirements.
In our Obstetric Theatres we follow the guidance that supports NHS standards for the '5 steps to safer surgery' and the 'One together' surveillance document that promotes optimal care to reduce surgical site infections of which you will be expected to participate in. Our 'Outstanding Maternity Service' programme has supported and allowed the theatre leads to define further improvements and transformation plans to optimise efficiency, safety and quality whilst listening to the Maternity Voice Partnership.Main duties of the job
In this dynamic role you will be expected to work as part of the theatre team as a scrub and recovery practitioner in both the elective and emergency settings. This requires you to scrub for elective and emergency caesarean sections as per your rota, instrumental deliveries which are performed in theatre, insertion of cervical sutures and in extreme circumstances emergency hysterectomies. You will need to have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a fast paced and at times unpredictable environment. If successful you will be given a supernumerary period in which you will be able to adapt to your new environment and grown in confidence within our team.
It is also expected that as part of the theatre team you will keep the environment clean and tidy, be aware of any stock or drugs that may need ordering and be proactive in keeping the stockrooms topped up and tidy.
Support will be given with regards to professional development once in post as BTHFT believe in lifelong learning and career progression.About us
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is part of the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), a collaborative of the NHS hospital trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate working together to provide the best possible care for our patients.
By bringing together the wide range of skills and expertise across West Yorkshire and Harrogate we are working differently, innovating and driving forward change to deliver the highest quality care. By working for Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust this is your opportunity to be a part of that change.
WYAAT is the acute sector arm of the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership, one of the largest integrated care systems in the country. The Partnership's ambition is for everyone to have the best possible health and wellbeing, and the work of WYAAT, and each individual trust, supports that ambition.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To participate in keeping the theatres clean and tidy within the IPC guidance
- Maintaining the Dignity of all women and their families who access our theatre.
- To scrub for all procedures which are performed in maternity theatres.
- To recover patients who have undergone procedures in maternity theatres.
- To support other team members in performing their roles.
- To order stock needed to run theatres.
- To uphold theatre etiquette with regards to the 5 Steps to Safer Surgery and One Together Document.
- To be compliant with Trust Mandatory Training.
- To be aware of Information Governance.
- To report any accident, untoward incident or loss relating to staff, patients or visitors according to Trust policies.
- To undertake in-service training relevant to the post.
- Comply with Trust Policies and Procedures.
- The post holder will be required to undertake training events at any site across the trust
- The post holder may be required to work on other wards/ department within the Trust at short notice to cover unplanned sickness or to cover planned sickness or annual leave on other wards/departments
- Theatre Practitioner or theatre experience or interest as a Registered Nurse
- Recovery / HDU experience Interest in Womens' Health.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written command of English
- Excellent IT skills
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Registered ODP, current HPC registration (applicable to ODP) or Registered nurse, current NMC registration (applicable to RN)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- ENB 998/6590 or equivalent
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.