There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced midwife, who is an inspirational leader and passionate about providing outstanding Antenatal, Intrapartum and Postpartum care to join our team of highly skilled Senior Midwives at TWH. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and forward thinking midwife to provide effective managerial and clinical leadership, be a role model of excellent midwifery practice and demonstrate a commitment in supporting colleagues to provide person centred care and a positive experience in all aspects of care within the Delivery Suite. They will have good communication skills and ensure high visibility within the clinical area as well as maintaining accessibility to the women and their families.
The role will require predominately Monday - Friday working with the occasional weekend or Bank Holiday Clinical shift when required. There will be an expectation for you to participate in the operational management on call rota of 17:00-08:00 Monday - Friday and 08:00-20:00 Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays with the other ward and department managers.Main duties of the job
The post will involve working collaboratively with members of the MDT, including the Delivery Suite Coordinators, Maternity Triage and Antenatal Clinic Teams, Obstetric Team, Anaesthetists and Obstetric theatres as well as being a resource for all staff working within the Delivery Suite clinical area. You will be at the forefront of providing a high quality service within the Delivery Suite which will be the focus of your role. Our Delivery Suite boasts modern spacious rooms with en-suite facilities, climate control for our client's comfort and lighting dimmers to bring about a calming birthing environment.
The maternity unit has 15 birthing rooms, rooms set up as home from home, two of which have birthing pools . Our facilities also include two Obstetric Theatres, a two bedded Recovery area and two Maternity Enhanced Care rooms. We also have a dedicated bereavement suite where we care for pregnant people and their families following the loss of their baby.
You will be expected to have a good understanding of Antenatal, Intrapartum, Postnatal and Enhanced Care and a proven record of excellent collaboration skills to ensure the best outcome for those in our care. You will have constant support from the Core Delivery Suite Midwives and Maternity Support Workers who have a vast wealth of knowledge and a specialist interest for providing outstanding care within their area. You will also work alongside a Band 7 Maternity Enhanced Care/Theatre Link Midwife.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 760,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ more than 7,000 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Following your Corporate Induction you will be expected to attend the Trusts 2-week Induction Programme for RNs, NAs, RMs, ODPs and Paramedics. The programme is full-time (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this is problematic)and will involve travel to both Trust sites. The programme includes supernumerary shifts in the clinical area, classroom-based sessions and e-learning.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date: TBC Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RM and eligible to practice
- Working at a degree level
- Mentorship in Practice / Sign off mentor
- Evidence of further study and development of professional and academic skills
- Leadership/ management qualification
- Trained PMA
- Consolidated experience at band 6 or above
- Ability to assess, plan , implement and evaluate Midwifery care for women and their babies
- Manage own caseload including ability to priorities and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of recent Government/Professional documents with awareness of implications to service provision.
- Experience of managing a team
- Knowledge of safeguarding and how Concern & Vulnerability process works, including Social Services
- Ability to judge and make decisions regarding safeguarding issues and advice others regarding complex or sensitive cases
- Ability and experience to work within high and low risk scenarios within the Delivery Suite
- Experience of acting as a mentor to both qualified midwives and students encouraging evidence based practice
- To have developed local and national networks
- Experience and knowledge of HR processes, including sickness management
- Experience/ knowledge of recruitment processes
- Leadership & management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Report writing
- Complaint response
- Management of Datix/ IR1
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- PROMPT Training/CTG Training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To have participated in audit/research and development programmes
- Experience with physiological CTG interpretation
- Experience with using Dawes/Redman CTG
- RCA trained
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Tumbridge Wells Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.