Community Nurse band 5
We are recruiting to the Redbridge Community Nursing Teams, offering a Full time or part time contract.
Student nurses are welcome to apply.
Successful applicant to this post, may also be able to apply to do the band 5/6 development programme as part of their career progression to a band 6 senior nurse.
We are seeking innovative, caring, and dedicated registered Nurses to compliment the Redbridge Community Health and Social Care team. Our community Nurses support the delivery holistic health care to support our strategic vision of the 'Best care by the best people'.Main duties of the job
As a member of our community multi-disciplinary team, you will work within an integrated team of District Nurses, Specialist Nurses, community matrons, therapists, and Health Care Assistant is to support the provision of high-quality evidence-based care that meets the health care needs of our local community. You will also be required to work in collaboration with Local Authorities, Integrated Care Networks, GP's, and Acute sector providers to facilitate care pathways that support early discharge and prevent hospital admission.
You will be travelling around our borough to deliver community-based care to patients in their own homes, therefore, a full UK driving licence and access to a car for work purposes is essential.About usCOVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job descripton and person specification for further details on this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current NMC R/N or any other 1st level Nursing,RN12 Adult qualification
- Evidence of the post- registration education and training
- Mentor qualification
- Relevant post registration course e.g. Wound management, diabetes, leg ulcer care, continence care and assessment
- Nurse Prescriber (V150)
- Experience of working with professionals from other disciplines necessary
- Experience of working as a member of a team but also able to work autonomously
- Experience of providing packages of care, which involve other agencies
- Reflective Practitioner
- Community Nursing Experience
- Experience of teaching and assessing students and other members of staff
- Experience of acting up in the absence of team leader in caseload and team management
- Applicant will need to be car driver with valid UK Licence (this criteria will be reasonable adjusted to meet the requirements of a disabled applicant) and have access to a car for work purposes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work with minimal supervision
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.