Are you a dynamic, enthusiastic, experienced Cardiac Radiographer looking for the opportunity to join a friendly, hard-working, ambitious and highly skilled specialised team?
Do you possess the professional and personal skills needed to become part of a strong multi-disciplinary department and relish the challenge of working in Europe's biggest cardiovascular centre?
Are you eager to develop your specialist knowledge and skills working alongside some of the most influential and innovative Cardiac specialists and researchers?
If so, joining the Barts Heart Centre Radiography department may be the correct move for you. Due to service expansion we are currently seeking a Band 6 Specialised Cardiac Radiographer, with appropriate experience, to join our team. The post will be based within the Cardiac Catheter Lab environment, covering a range of Cardiac procedures - electrophysiology, pacing, structural, and coronary intervention.Main duties of the job
Barts Heart Centre boasts a wealth of state-of-the-art equipment, with ten Cardiac Catheter Labs, three dedicated Cardiac MRI scanners, and a dedicated Cardiac CT scanner, with plans for future expansion. We are proud to lead the way in world-first procedures and undertake a large amount of ground-breaking research and live broadcasting of cases for educational meetings and congresses, with plenty of opportunities to get involved. We support and encourage our Radiographers to be involved in publishing research and representing us at conferences both in the UK and around the World.
As part of this fast paced and exciting role, you would be working as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team, offering life-changing and often life-saving diagnosis and treatment to patients from around London and beyond.
Optional weekend lists and other shift opportunities are available on the staff bank. The Cath Labs have a popular lucrative on-call system to cover the out-of-hours Heart Attack and Arrhythmia services. The working pattern within the department is comprised of 4x 9.5hr shifts per week, with the flexibility to request a specific day off each week.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Barts Heart Centre is one of the largest cardiac centres in the world, and our highly specialised Radiography team has the expertise required to provide excellent training, mentoring and on-going support for the successful applicants. As a department we actively support staff wellbeing, CPD participation and additional training opportunities.
If you are interested in this role, we encourage you to get in touch. It is a great opportunity for you to meet the team, see the department and answer any further questions you may have.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography
- HCPC State Registration
- Post Graduate specialist training equivalent to Master's level.
- Demonstrable evidence of expert Cardiac radiographic experience.
- Experience of working with junior staff and students.
- Experience in perusing innovation and role development in Cardiac radiography.
- Experience in more than one hospital.
- Evidence of advanced knowledge in Cardiac Radiographic Imaging/ procedure.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in a range of Cardiac Imaging techniques and innovations.
- Demonstrate awareness of responsibility to and advocacy for patients.
- Teaching and training skills with the ability to adapt training and teaching styles in response to needs of the trainee.
- Team player with enthusiasm for Cardiac Radiography, with the ability to engage staff at all levels.
- PACS, RIS and CRS knowledge and experience.
- IT skills, with advanced levels of understanding of Microsoft office.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and have the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst subject to interruption.
- Willingness to embrace new ideas and concepts.
- Very high personal and radiographic standards, with attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative, solve problems and make decisions.
- Evidence of participation in QA Programme and maintenance of agreed standards.
- Good Understanding of legislation relating to Health & Safety and Radiation Protection.
- Portfolio of evidence of advanced professional development/training and education for Cardiac radiography. This may include post graduate specialist training equivalent to Master's level
- Evidence that knowledge of Cardiac imaging techniques is up to date.
- Evidence of the ability to critically analyse Cardiac radiography practice and role development/training potential.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Requirement to work some late duties and weekends
- Requirement to be able to manage own workload and diary.
- Sufficient to perform the duties of the post with any aids and adaptions
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
St Bartholomew's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.