An exciting opportunity has arisen for a specialist band 6 dietitian to join our team with two other dietitians and a part-time psychologist in the Tier 3 service.We can offer this opportunity as a band 5 training post to work towards band 6 competancies.The service is fully integrated with our bariatric service, and we work as a multidisciplinary team.The post is based at Worcester Royal Hospital with clinics at Kidderminster hospital and Bromsgrove. Around half the clinics will be virtual, working remotely. We have a successful, established GLP-1 pathway.
The post holder is a key member of the weight management MDT, and we work closely with the bariatric dietitians, bariatric nurses, psychologist and surgeons.We are a forward thinking and proactive Dietetic department of 22 dietitians working within specialty teams
Experience of weight management work and behaviour change approaches is desirable as are excellent interpersonal, communication skills and collaborative teamwork. Enthusiasm and commitment are essential. We can offer you:
Main duties of the job
- A friendly and supportive team of colleagues, excellent peer support and regular clinical supervision,
- The Department is approved for student placements A, B and C. All staff actively participate in student training.
- We are committed to your personal development, well-being, and CPD.
1. To work as a specialist dietitian in the department within the Weight management service with a special interest in Tier 3 weight management.
2. Work as part of the multidisciplinary medical and bariatric teams providing an effective specialist weight management service.
3. To provide cover for out -patient clinics/groups during times of leave.
4. To assist with data collection and audit.About us
Our purpose is simple - Putting Patients First. We are looking for exceptional colleagues who can help us achieve this.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is a large acute and specialised hospital trust that provides a range of local acute services to the residents of Worcestershire and more specialised services to a larger population in Herefordshire and beyond.
The Trust operates hospital-based services from three sites in Kidderminster, Redditch and Worcester
Our workforce is nearly 6,800 strong, and our caring staff are recognised as providing good and outstanding patient-centred care. You could be one of them.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us to achieve our Vision - working in partnership to provide the best healthcare for our communities, leading and supporting our teams to move 4ward. Our 4ward behaviours, which we ask all staff to demonstrate, underpin our everyday work and remain firmly at the heart of all we do.
Our objectives are simple:
- Best services for local people
- Best experience of care and best outcomes for our patients
- Best use of resources
- Best people
Better never stops, and our Clinical Services Strategy provides a clear future vision for our Trust, our hospitals, our services and our role in the wider health and care system.We are proud to have achieved Timewise accreditation - this means we are committed to embedding flexible working within our organisation as a flex positive employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This post will work across Trust sites at Worcester, Kidderminster and Bromsgrove as well as remote working.
For more information on the role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics or equivalent qualifications in Dietetics.
- Post graduate training in behaviour change /motivational interviewing/
- Sound clinical knowledge of approaches to supporting patients in managing their weight.
- Experience of issues relating to the management of the client group.
- Knowledge of NICE guidance relating to obesity treatment.
- Experience of behaviour change techniques to overcome barriers to change.
- Knowledge of current issues relating to weight management.
- Previous experience in weight management service.
- Knowledge of pharmacotherapy management.
- Experience in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT).
- Experience of motivational interviewing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in specialist areas as part of a team.
- Experience of implementing evidence based practice for continuous service improvement.
- Experience of teaching healthcare staff.
- Experience of implementing clinical governance.
- Evidence of active participation in audit and/or clinical research.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Charles Hastings Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.