Are you an experience mental health nurse seeking a new role?
Thumbswood are seeking an experienced Band 6 Charge Nurse who has the skills and knowledge of working in an acute mental health ward.
Thumbswood is a specialist in-patient unit which offers treatment to women experiencing significant mental health difficulties during pregnancy or if they have a baby less than 12 months of age.
Our aim is to provide a safe and therapeutic environment where women can receive care and treatment without being separated from their babies. Our priority is to ensure that both mother and baby are safe and feel secure.
Watch our video about the service we provide at our wonderful unit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9g1s9IjOJU& t=3sMain duties of the job
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent opportunity for progression and development
- provide mental health support and care to service users experiencing mental health crisis
- be a key member of Robin Ward Inpatient Team acting as the charge nurse for the unit
- be responsible / primary nurse for a designated group of patients
- be responsible for the assessment of their needs and for the planning, implementing and evaluation of the care provided to meet those needs
- be leading on shifts on the ward and provide clinical supervision to junior staff members
- have excellent communication and relationship management skills
- treat patients with fairness and respect, maintaining confidentiality appropriately
In return, we can offer you:
- leadership and management training
- 5% on top of basic salary high cost allowance supplement (max �2,011 per annum)
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Free Pilates lessons
- Special leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme (for substantive staff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. Everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In addition to managing the clinical aspects of being a Band 6 Charge Nurse, you will take an active part in the assessment, treatment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for service users in collaboration with inpatient multi-disciplinary services. Liaising with colleagues and carers, ensuring they are fully aware of all aspects of a service users care and treatment. For a more detailed Job and Person Specification please read the attached before applying Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RMN/RLDN or Dip/ Bsc (Hons) in Mental Health/ Learning Disability Nursing ENB 998 / Preceptorship and Mentorship. ENB.
- Post registration experience at Band 5.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in other clinical settings.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
2 Bowler's Green
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.