Undertake core craft mechanical and general engineering duties associated works for the Trust and its outside Partner customers. Also undertake non-core generic duties in line with training and competency requirements. Maintains engineering services and equipment at Hospitals, GP surgeries, Health Centres, Resource Centres, Offices etc.
(Additional Recruitment & Retention Payment of 15% of Basic salary applicable to position)Main duties of the job Undertake a range of Mechanical engineering/plumbing work, procedures for installation, commissioning, testing and validation, repair and routine maintenance of new, refurbished and existing industrial/commercial and domestic equipment or services, whilst at time observing all relevant Health and Safety guidelines and regulations. Undertake other non-mechanical multi skilling duties where skills, abilities and competence/training are appropriate for such and has been approved by supervisors. Undertake appointed Competent Person (CP) roles after appointment by the trusts Authorised Person (AP) as required and in accordance with HTM's for which additional training will be provided. Install, maintain, fault find, test and validate and problem solve complex equipment/systems/plant in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, relevant H& S regulations, Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP's), Hospital Technical Memorandums (HTM's) British Standards etc. and in the most efficient manner. Interpret and work from electronic drawings, specifications, risk assessments, method statements, permits to work, work orders etc. using both paper and computer based systems. Carry out specialist testing, complex maintenance and servicing where training has been given and competencies or certification allow. About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
7. Ensure accuracy of plant, tools, equipment and materials where appropriate and use/apply in accordance with legislation, physical skills, Health and Safety and manufacturer instructions.
8. Ensure installation, repair and maintenance of the Trusts and external customer physical assets are undertaken in the most efficient manner and ensures best value.
9. Exchange routine/complex information where appropriate and offer feedback where required.
10. Organise, plan and prioritise own work, in liaison with the supervisor, day to day tasks and assist in planning new installation work.
11. Carry out routine/complex duties independently where appropriate to competency, health and safety and allowed with minimal supervision
12. Observe a personal duty of care in relation to own/departmental equipment and resources used in the course of the duties performed on a day-to-day basis (tools, equipment,specialist test equipment and stock)13. Use all Trust and hired specialist equipment for which additional training will be providedand any other property/equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.14. Maintain, install and repair complex equipment, fittings and other physical assets required bythe job role on Trust and Partners premises15. Report any misuse of, or faulty equipment to the appropriate person16. Order and purchase spare parts, supplies, physical assets, stock or other equipment/materials within budgetary limit and which are necessary for the job beingcarried out whilst considering best value.17. Attend and participate in all reasonable requests for training and meetings18. The post holder is expected to have a clear understanding and share the Mission, Values andBehaviours of the Trust which defines our culture. All staff are required to promote and adhere tothese.19. Responsible for promoting a positive work culture.20. Responsible for maintaining own core competences and CPD register along with supportingdepartment wide training and development needs.
Systems and equipment
21. Responsible for ensuring timely completion of PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) andreactive works documentation / recording requirements by use of electronic handheld devices.22. Utilise FM software (e.g. MICAD) to ensure adequate and accurate recording of work elementsand ordering materials, make suggestions for FM system upgrades/improvements for efficiency ofworking.23. Utilise electronic systems such as e-procurement for ordering supplies, e-roster for staffexpenses / claims / leave, ESR for staff records, E learning/Training, MS Teams etc.24. Provide work related information to supervisor where required for data management.25. Complete legislative and Trust documentation where applicable (e.g. reporting accidents, adverse incidents).26. Complete technical service records and/or service documents and log books where appropriate to competence as required (e.g. water safe log book and certification, fire alarmtesting, emergency light testing, AHU test sheets, Reports etc.)27. Medical gas cylinder changing after suitable training has been received.28. Monitor building management systems (BMS) make any necessary adjustments and follow up onremedial repairs as necessary, liaising with Building Energy Manager.29. Maintain or provide to supervisor as required such records.30. Provide work related information to supervisor where required for data management31. Utilise trust Transport and equipment as required to undertake duties of the role
Decisions and judgements
32. Provide information and advice to work colleagues, managers, contractors and customers (inline with level of role, training and experience)33. Responsible for prioritising and managing daily allocated work planned and reactive.34. Diagnose complex problems and establishes the best solution for the problem whilst keepingdowntime to a minimum.35. The post holder will be able to carry out duties independently without supervision guided bystandard operating procedures, safe working procedures and operation manuals.36. Exchange routine/complex information where appropriate and offer feedback where required37. Liaise with clinical staff where required offering non-clinical advice where appropriate andadequate training allows38. Demonstrate activities to new starters, apprentices, trainees, support workers etc. and assistin ensuring their health and safety
39. Support the Maintenance and Minor Works Supervisor with the supervision, guidance,instruction and evaluation of work to othersCommunication and relationships
40. Exchange routine and complex information where appropriate and offer feedback where required41. Organise, plan and prioritise, in liaison with the supervisor, planned maintenance, emergencyand reactive work tasks and assist in planning new installation work.42. Carry out routine and complex duties independently where appropriate to competency/training,health and safety and allowed with minimal supervision43. The post holder may be required to assist patients/clients/relatives during incidentalcontact.
Physical demands of the job
44. Required to cope with the demands of a busy maintenance department both mentally and physically.45. Frequent requirement to exert intense physical effort for several long periods both in normalhours and out of hours (on call)46. Frequent requirement for concentration whilst using power tools and hand tools whilst problem solving.47. Necessity to highly developed physical skills with a high level of hand/eye co-ordination andaccuracy, including electrical testing, distribution board/final circuit terminations, solderingetc.48. Occasional exposure to emotional and distressing circumstances.49. Frequent exposure to unpleasant working conditions such as drainage/sewage systems50. Observe a personal duty of care in relation to equipment, systems, plant and resources used inthe course of the duties performed on a day to day basis (tools, equipment and stock)51. Use all Trust equipment and other property in a safe and appropriate manner52. Maintain, install and repair equipment, fittings and other physical assets required by the jobrole on Trust and Partners premises53. Report any misuse of, or faulty equipment to the appropriate person54. Order and purchase spare parts, supplies, physical assets, stock or other equipment/materialswithin budgetary limit and which are necessary for the job being carried out
Most challenging/difficult parts of the job
55. All directorate staff will be required to act up, down and across (within own capabilities andtraining) as required to ensure that an efficient and professional service is delivered at alltimes throughout the Directorate and the Trust56. Must participate in the Emergency On-Call system as required57. Work in a positive work manner58. Carry out generic and flexible ways of working59. Suggest new improved ways of working as required for own role60. Self-assure own work and where applicable sign off the work of others.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Achieved accreditation through a 4 year training course in relevant field or be able to demonstrate proven practical knowledge through experience
- Possess relevant qualification i.e. City & Guilds, NVQ 3 or other equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline or be able to demonstrate proven practical knowledge through experience
- Additional CPD in a relevant field
- Time served experience of working in a similar role or discipline
- Experience of working in a similar role or discipline
- Ability to travel between sites
- Relevant professional membership(s)
- Experience and ability to undertake a wide range of related trade maintenance installation and repairs
- Experience of activities within the property maintenance field
- Experience of using computerised maintenance systems
- Experience, understanding and appreciation of other trades performed within Estates
Skills, Knowledge and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Time served in a relevant discipline
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Communicate appropriately with others at work
- An appreciation of technological advances in the field of Estates
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues applicable to role
- Understanding an appreciation of risk assessments applicable to the role
- Listen to, understand and follow lengthy or multistep instructions and narratives on a range of topics and in a range of contexts
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Longton Cottage Hospital
Upper Belgrave Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.