An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Acute Occupational Therapy Team for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join our dynamic and forward thinking team. As senior Occupational Therapists you will work alongside OTs, OTas, Physiotherapists, Social Workers, Discharge Planning Service as well as ward teams such as nurses and doctors to provide exceptional care. The role of an Acute Occupational Therapist is to provide specialist assessment and intervention to support the discharge planning process whilst utilising patient centered care. The Acute Occupational Therapy team cover the medical and surgical wards enabling therapists to gain skills across a range of specialties including: care of the elderly, oncology, palliative care, respiratory, cardiology, gastroenterology and urology. 12 Month maternity cover. This is an excellent opportunity for either a current Band 6 to experience an acute setting, or a Band 5 looking for a challenge and to develop in a supportive and knowledgeable team.Main duties of the job
- To be able to be proactive at delivering therapeutic interventions within a timely manner to enable patients to maintain their independence, identifying when patients would benefit from further rehabilitation and support services and to refer on to other services appropriately.
- To provide clinical leadership and specialist advice, through the supervision, coaching and education, for less experienced occupational therapists, assistants, and students from a range of universities.
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are.
Service We will put our patients first
Teamwork We will work together
Ambition We will aspire to provide the best service
Respect We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To foster good communication and develop strong networks with other members of the interdisciplinary Team, multi-disciplinary team members, carers and external agencies concerned with the management of the patient.
- To be an Occupational Therapy lead within the interdisciplinary team providing specialist advice within Intermediate Care, Social Services, independent and voluntary agencies
- To provide clinical leadership and specialist advice, through the supervision, coaching and education, for students, band 5/4/3/2 Occupational Therapy staff and support workers and other members of the interdisciplinary Team.
- To identify service development needs, contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of theservice, and hold responsibility for defined projects.
Please see the attached job description and person spec for full information.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma / degree Occupational Therapy
- Registered field work educator
- Evidence of postgraduate learning relevant to clinical area
- Evidence of continuing Professional Development
- Registered with Health professions council
- Computer Skills Qualification
- NVQ Assessor
- Evidence of basic management training
- Member of special interest group
- Member of professional body
- Experience of working within the specific clinical area
- Broad clinical experience e.g. surgical, ED, neurology, medical, orthopaedic, hand injuries, rehabilitation.
- Experience of providing a broad range of interventions for a complex caseload
- Application of the Occupational Therapy process and models of practice
- Experience of providing a broad range of interventions for a highly complex caseload
- Experience of working with children and/ or adults in acute hospital services
- Experience of using a wide range of standardised and non-standardised assessments
- Service development and change management
- Up to date evidence based clinical knowledge
- Resource management
- Advanced Clinical Reasoning skills
- Organisational awareness
- Ability to provide a range of clinical intervention
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of NHS National strategy e.g. NHS plan, NSF's
- Knowledge of Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust local delivery plan
- Awareness of budget management
- Highly skilled in clinical reasoning
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.