An excellent opportunity has arisen for the new role of North Bank Site Nurse Director to join a new NHS Group - Our Group is one of the largest acute and community Group arrangements in the NHS, with a budget of over �1.3 billion.
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (HUTH) and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust (NLAG) have significant ambitions and are committed to delivering more together for the 1.5 million people we serve.
Our two trusts have been working in collaboration to review our services and to identify how we can better provide those services across our complex geography for the benefit of our patients. Our focus is on ensuring we improve clinical outcomes, reduce inequalities of access and address the workforce challenges that we face.
What a unique and exciting time to join us!
We are now looking for a Remarkable Person to join our Extraordinary Place at this pivotal time. We are looking for a Site Nurse Director to join us who can drive the delivery of high-quality care across the site and Group.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Director who is passionate about the professional nursing agenda for the the site's nursing, midwifery, Allied Health Professional and non-registered nursing staff and can provide strong leadership to senior nursing reports, ensuring that effective management and performance systems are in place.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the continuous assessment of clinical and professional standards, patient care pathways and patient feedback and drive changes to ensure that clinical outcomes and patient experience continually improve.
Also be responsible for providing high level input to strategic business planning, workforce planning and leadership to ensure that the Group can provide high quality patient care and achieve its performance objectives.
The triumvirate of the Site Managing Director, Site Nurse Director and Site Medical Director will oversee a portfolio of care groups, and are accountable for meeting national care standards including performance metrics on their sites and from their care groups.
This is a significant leadership opportunity, ensuring that the triumvirates responsible for core clinical service delivery are patient focused, and provides a significant professional development opportunity for an nursing leader who aspires to work at Trust Board level.
Applicants will require exceptional leadership qualities, a commercial acumen, strong relationship management skills, a strong business understanding and credibility.
You will be passionate about delivering and influencing change, you will be a natural leader who will facilitate and support collaborative working both internally and externally to the Group.About us
You will thrive working at pace, have excellent attention to detail as well as be able to provide a 'helicopter view' of issues within your site and care group portfolio at any given time.
You must be able to scrutinse performance and patient safety data, work with colleagues to identify the root cause of clinical safety, delivery and performance issues, and be part of the triumvirate team to provide viable solutions to deep-rooted issues.
You will be report directly to the Site Managing Director providing assurance on strategic and operational objectives and will be required to participate in Director/Gold on call as per the job description.
Interviews will take place W/C 13 December 2023 and W/C 20 December 2023 (indicative dates only - may be January 2024) Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. You can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the post by assessing your circumstances against criteria specifiedon the gov.uk website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately �500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area, extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively
Our vision is Great Staff, Great Care, Great Future, as we believe that by developing an innovative, skilled and caring workforce, we can deliver great care to our patients and a great future for our employees, our Trust and our community.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Registered Nurse (1st level registration)
- Higher professional or management degree at masters level or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Comparable experience and competence to lead the nursing, midwifery and clinical support workforce on the site
- Significant experience and success at a clinical manager level including strategy development, budgetary control, leadership and staff management
- Able to think and plan strategically, and to engage others in the plan
- Full understanding of the current issues within nursing
- Clear vision for nursing and ability to secure the active commitment of multi-disciplinary staff in working towards achieving this
- Extensive management experience in a senior role within the acute sector
- Proven ability to set standards and influence significant change
- Knowledge and understanding of the modernisation agenda and the opportunities for redesigning services
- Knowledge of recent policy development in the NHS, and a proven track record of meeting national targets
- Proven success at managing complex organisational change while maintaining service quality
- Significant experience of staff management, including the setting of objectives, team and individual appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary issues
- Evidence of report writing and presentation skills, to include business cases and formal presentations
- Developing and implementing strategic planS
- Experience of working and delivering professional nursing objectives
- Proven leadership skills, ability to set out a clear vision for services, to persuade others of the benefit and requirement of the plan for the future and overcome obstacles
- Political acumen
- Ability to analyse and interpret situation as well as information
- Business focussed
- Full range of IT skills including spreadsheet analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of dealing with complex issues in a large organisation
- Ability to work pro-actively and cooperatively with senior management and clinical staff, including at times of stress
- Prepared to provide out of hours on call supports
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to self-development with ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of key policies and themes in the healthcare provision in the UK
- An ability and interest in coaching staff to improve performance
- Commitment to promote equality and diversity in the workplace and in service delivery and development
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Primary base Hull Royal Infirmary, with requirement to work across all group sites on a schedule.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.