Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist - Elderly Care
Are you a dynamic individual with specialist Elderly Care experience?
Are you passionate about patient centred care and do you value working in a positive team environment focused on peer support and development?
We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to come and join our team at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading. We are looking to employ a skilled, forward thinking, dynamic individual as an Elderly Care Clinical specialist Physiotherapist.
The post is suitable for an experienced physiotherapist with past leadership and service development experience. The post will be operating across the Elderly Care department including working in both and inpatient and outpatient settings. It will involve working with individuals with a variety of complex needs and will also involve working alongside Elderly Care consultants and within a heavily integrated team. Weekend working (via a rota) will be included.
The post holder will provide clinical specialist cover to the outpatient Falls and Movement Disorders clinics and work towards establishing an Enhanced Recovery ethos within the inpatient Elderly Care wards.
The successful applicant will have extensive NHS Elderly Care experience and possess excellent assessment, clinical reasoning, treatment and teaching skills. You will have sound IT skills and demonstrate the Trust's values of Compassion, Aspiration, Resourcefulness and Excellence.Main duties of the job
- To be a physiotherapy clinical expert in the management of Elderly Care patients
- To use expert physiotherapy knowledge and advanced clinical reasoning skills to provide specialist support and advice to the physiotherapy team and other healthcare staff, and to manage own caseload of patients with highly complex conditions as an autonomous practitioner.
- To undertake a Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist role within the Elderly Care department, support the running outpatients clinics including but not limited to Movement Disorder Clinic and Falls clinic and also support the Elderly Care department at the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust working alongside a consultant.
- Interpret and analyse clinical and non-clinical information to form accurate diagnoses and prognoses informing complex decision making ensuring the delivery of high quality patient focused care
- To support the Inter- professional therapy lead of Physiotherapy in seeking opportunities to identify and engage in developments in professional practice and the transformation of service delivery.
- To deputise for the Inter- Professional therapy lead of Physiotherapy as required
- To support the development of a learning based culture. This will include the provision of training, supervision and appraisal for physiotherapists, support staff and students.
- To contribute to the wider service research agenda through initiating or supporting research activity.
In many areas, the Trust is nationally recognised as delivering outstanding care and the Therapies service is fully focused on delivering on the trusts ambition to continue to enhance this excellent work. This is embodied in the Therapies service vision - to deliver a high quality, patient centred, modern service which promotes innovative thinking and prioritises the development of staff.
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
xcellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Regular appraisal, supervision and support will be given and there is a requirement to actively participate in CPD and audit. You will lead the implementation of new initiatives to continue to develop the service in line with best practice and clinical guidelines whilst working closely alongside senior colleagues.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for full details of the post's main responsibilities.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of advance knowledge in clinical area
- Evidence of service development in clinical area
- Evidence of previous management responsibility
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of further learning in clinical area
- Evidence of a range of experience treating patients in clinical area
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.