We are looking for Senior Perioperative Staff Nurses to care for patients in the Recovery and PACU units and may be required to assume overall responsibility for the shift. The Senior perioperative Staff Nurse should have the knowledge, skills and experience in Recovery/PACU with understanding of perioperative care needs of patients. To support an environment that promotes excellence in nursing practice and development of high levels of clinical skills in post-anaesthetic and high dependency nursing. To undertake and complete education programs.
This post requires to rotate to Northwick Park Hospital -Recovery/PACU and Central Middlesex Hospital-1st Stage Recovery.
*****Previous applicants need not apply*****Main duties of the job
The post holder will be a registered Nurse with significant Recovery and surgical nursing experience.
High dependency nursing experience would also be an advantage but not essential.
Be a good communicator and able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
Be a good role model and ability to support junior members of staff.
Experience on supervising the team in providing quality care to caseload of simple to complex surgeries.
Be willing to undertake specialist training. A teaching and assessing qualification would be desirable but not essential.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the publicJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective communication with all disciplines of staff, developing professionalism through the Unit.Identify, discuss and report any relevant nursing/patient needs with team and patients.
- Work effectively as a team member
- Provide support and advice to patients and relatives.
- Involve patients (and carers/families where appropriate) in their care and ensure accurate information and maintain good communication.
- Ensure good communication verbally and via formal documentation and electronic sources with all members of the nursing, multidisciplinary team, patients and families.
- Accept responsibility be aware and able to locate all policies relating to good working practice within the clinical area and able to adhere to both by self and colleagues.
- Recognize the legal implications of nursing documentation therefore maintaining accurate records.
- Maintain accurate and legible records of patient care in line with Trust policies and NMC Code of Conduct.
Please see Job description for full details of duties and responsibilities.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential Desirable
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- oTeaching and Assessing qualification
Desirable Skills, Abilities and AttributesEssential
- oSignificant experience in surgical nursing at Band 5 to include Recovery nursing
- oSurgical nursing skills
- Leadership and management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High dependency/Critical care nursing skills
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Harrow NPH/all sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.