We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Ward Manager at Boughton ward, Priority House, Maidstone, Kent. This role is an 18-month secondment.
Boughton ward is an 18 bed acute in-patient male only ward.
You must have post registration experience and have completed Practice Assessor training or be in the process of undertaking this, to be able to mentor students.
You will also have excellent interpersonal skills to manage and supervise staff effectively. You will be working with a wide range of experienced and friendly professionals providing high quality care with compassion. We offer regular clinical supervision and management supervision.Main duties of the job
We believe in clinically led, management supported services and want to strengthen nurse leadership to provide safe, compassionate, creative services which really make a difference to patient lives. You will therefore be an excellent clinician, committed to the concept of person centred care and that of personal care. You will have the ability to influence, enthuse and enable, be a role model who leads from the front and by example you will use your clinical expertise to improve practice, to challenge tradition and to work with the team to create a culture of therapeutic optimism and hope.Resilient, tenacious and ready for a challenge you will support and develop staff to provide the kind of service you would want to recommend to family and friends.
We will offer development programme opportunities, supervision, reflective practice, mentoring and coaching and will ensure you are fully supported in your new role.About us
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Maintain NMC registration through agreed
- Work alongside the Ward Manager and other professional colleagues to identify and implement competency development within the Ward Team
- Actively participate in Supervision/Mentorship and act as a provider of this to all junior staff, delegating as appropriate.
- Undertake own mandatory and role-specific training/CPD as
- Identify and develop skills, knowledge, and information and access appropriate agreed training using a variety of
- To work regularly and closely with partner agencies in ensuring that staff receive the most recent training.
- Be on the live register of mentors and participate in student mentorship and
- Be aware of the individual professional responsibilities to develop practice and delivery of care through clinical governance frameworks g. Audit, surveys, supervision, CPD.
- Demonstrate application of reflection to everyday
- Respond/resolve any issues affecting learning, development and performance with the guidance of the Ward Manager
- Be familiar with the skills, strengths and areas requiring development of staff within the Ward
- Provide the necessary support and opportunities for staff to develop their skills
- RMN completion of Preceptorship programme
- Experience of Mental Health
- Evidence of recent Practice
- Practice development
- Leadership knowledge and further training
- Mentel Health Legislation
- Safeguarding and ability to apply principles
- Clinical effectiveness and patient experience
- Person Centered care planning
- Good IT Skills
- Medication Competency
- Knowledge of NMC guidelines and revalidation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience co-ordinating shifts
- Experience managing or supervising lower grade staff
- Clinical reflection evidence
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
Boughton Ward, Priority House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.