An opportunity has arisen to work as part of the Estates & Facilities Cleaning Services Department as a Facilities Manager.
The post holder will work as part of the existing Cleaning Services Management Team managing a team of Cleaning Services Assistants, Supervisors and a Senior Supervisor in the provision of a high quality customer focused cleaning service.
They will be responsible for the day-to-day management, organisation, control and training of the Cleaning Services Team to ensure quality is delivered.
This is a vital role that ensures that there is a vital link in place between Cleaning Services and the Clinical services.
It is a busy and challenging role and the successful candidate, will be highly motivated, and enthusiastic. The Facilities Manager must be flexible, excellent at prioritising and able to juggle many work streams. The successful candidates will work closely with the Head of Cleaning and Senior Supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the service.
You will be required to work closely with staff across the hospital, as well as within Estates & Facilities and will have strong problem solving skills, whilst being able to work on your own initiative.
Interested applicants may contact Rachel Sorhaindo, Head of Cleaning for further information.Main duties of the job
- Represent the service at appropriate meetings such as Facilities Management Team Meeting, Transformation projects, etc
- To ensure that effective communication systems are in place to cascade key information to staff, ensuring team briefs and staff meetings are regularly carried out
- Implement, maintain and ensure staff are managed in accordance with the Trusts Human Resources, Policies and Procedure
- Responsible for undertaking wellbeing conversations & appraisals with own team, producing Personal Development Plans (PDP) and liasing with the training team to ensure these are reflected in the training needs analysis
- To undertake performance management and investigations, be responsible for disciplining staff and, where appropriate, instigate further proceedings.
- Support organisational readiness in preparation for any other external assessment as required ie CQC, PLACE, EHO
- Work closely with Heads of Service to ensure service is performing as required, issues resolved, or escalated where not possible.
- To be actively involved in the budget setting process, by attending meetings as necessary and providing appropriate and relevant information.
- Monitor budgets and interrogate financial reports, identify anomalies and errors and submit queries to the Finance department as required.
- Assist the Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of the departmental Cost Improvement Programme (CIP) and achieving financial balance
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is part of the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), a collaborative of the NHS hospital trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate working together to provide the best possible care for our patients.
By bringing together the wide range of skills and expertise across West Yorkshire and Harrogate we are working differently, innovating and driving forward change to deliver the highest quality care. By working for Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust this is your opportunity to be a part of that change.
WYAAT is the acute sector arm of the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership, one of the largest integrated care systems in the country. The Partnership's ambition is for everyone to have the best possible health and wellbeing, and the work of WYAAT, and each individual trust, supports that ambition.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see detailed Job Description and Person Specification attached to this advert for more information.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Understanding of how to interpret and apply policies, procedures and codes of practice, in accordance with published and updated NHS & statutory guidelines to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practice.
- Experience in management & leadership of staff
- Significant Facilities Management experience
- Experience of developing audit programmes, analysis of results and presentation of findings including action plans
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring quality standards
- Experience of risk assessment process and action plan development
- Previous Contract Management experience
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to deliver to competing priorities and deadlines within appropriate timescales
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present data and other sources of information in a variety of formats
- Ability to manage effectively both human and financial resources within the jobholder's area of responsibility.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills with the ability to assess own and team priorities
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports
- Ability to work within a team environment and on own initiative, to deliver objectives and projects within post-holders responsibility
- Able to work confidently, efficiently and effectively with colleagues from within and external to the Department, consultants and contractors and procurement.
- Ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work in a changing environment and amend working practices/ systems accordingly
- Understanding of information governance and confidentiality
- Understanding of equality & diversity issues and how this affects patients, visitors and staff
- Understanding of what the NHS constitution means to you, and your responsibilities to the public, patients and colleagues
- Be prepared to undertake further role specific training as required for the directorate and/ or PDP
- Knowledge of Managing a Service Area professionally, efficiently and effectively
- Be able to manage & co-ordinate human and financial resources.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in relation to specific service area
- Infection Control experience
- Must hold relevant degree or relevant experience of working at a similar level
- Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) or relevant equivalent experience
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent. Must hold GCSE in English or equivalent (Grades 9-5 or A-C)
- Must have demonstrable experience of working in this or similar role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of recognised professional management organisation
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.