This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the delivery of our Acute Therapy teams. You will be joining a service which is well-led by the Advanced Clinical Practitioners and a supportive team that prides itself in clinical leadership, education, and research.
The role will be to work within the Integrated Discharge Therapy teams at the Conquest Hospital in providing innovative therapy assessment and management of patients with frailty.
This role is essential in supporting patients throughout their transition from the acute hospital into the community and you will be working alongside an engaged and driven team.
Our current staff describe the role as:
'I thoroughly enjoy this role as it allows me to make a difference, help patients be as independent as possible, help ensure safe discharges as well as working for the best therapy team!'
' The Integrated Discharge Therapy Team has undergone recent increase in the number of staff and improvements have been made with the skill mix. This has resulted in an exciting opportunity to deliver services innovatively which has ultimately improved the patient experience '.
Applications are invited from Health and Care Professions Council Registered Occupational Therapists to join our team within East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.Main duties of the job
To undertake specialist clinical Occupational Therapy, including work requiring particular expertise or ability.
To promote integrated, multidisciplinary working practices that supports a seamless transition of care.
To support the Team Lead Occupational Therapist, Professional Occupational Therapy Lead and Service Manager with service development, helping to implement policy and policy changes and to set and monitor standards of practice.
To support the Complex Occupational Therapy team/Integrated Discharge Team in optimising patient flow.
To work flexibly across acute services as needed.About us
A wide range of staff benefits are available to our staff including staff development, enrolment in the NHS pension scheme, auto-enrolment to our Temporary Workforce Service, access to nurseries at EDGH and Conquest, staff restaurants and on-site staff accommodation.
In addition to an internal Occupational Health department, all staff also have access to free psychological support through our confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available to staff 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Onsite parking is available from only �30 a year.
There has never been a better time to join East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, submit your application today.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description, for any further questions or queries, please contact the appointed manager.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A BSc in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Health and Care Professions Council current registration
- Postgraduate qualification or evidence of relevant post-qualification professional development
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Broad range of Band 5 rotations
- Experience of multi-professional working.
- Experience of equipment provision
- Experience of using client-centred goals
- Experience of supporting other staff / assistants
- Knowledge of client centred practice.
- Awareness of clinical governance and understanding of the NHS and challenges facing service delivery.
- The ability to verbalise the clinical reasoning process in the management of routine cases.
- Motivated to work flexibly within an inter-professional framework.
- Good team working skills
- Evidence of initiative and ability to use own initiative within boundaries of role.
- Good time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and respond to change.
- Good keyboard and IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel to different sites in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Available for on-call and weekend duties.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist postgraduate training
- Practice Student Educator
- Experience in Acute setting
- Experience in community setting
- Experience of training/supervision
- Specialist client group knowledge
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Leonards on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.