The Cassel is a national Tier 4 service comprising Inpatient and Outreach programs for adults with complex trauma and relational difficulties. It is recognised as a centre of excellence and specialization, offering a unique combination of psychoanalytic psychotherapy and psychosocial nursing in a therapeutic community setting, complemented by community activities.
This is an opportunity for a Band 5 and 6 Registered Nurse to become part of the Cassel Inpatient's multidisciplinary team. We look forward to welcoming a new colleague with enthusiasm and fresh ideas, we are always looking for ways to increase co-production, the core model of psychosocial nursing, and to reflect diversity across the service.
If you are interested in relational intervention, applying psychodynamic thinking and experiencing personal growth then you would find this role exciting and fulfilling.
Quote form a student nurse From my experiences, it is rare to find a team that works so well together.Main duties of the job
The nurses work alongside the patients in a collaborative approach to the therapy and the everyday living, with patients supporting each other and carrying the culture and ethos of the Therapeutic Community approach. This culture encourages everyone to take real responsibility, promote enquiry, show tolerance with a democratic approach. All patients engage in the treatment on a voluntary basis and all treatment is non-restrictive.
Quote from a therapist ... mental health is all about nursing but even more so at the Cassel.
Our patients usually have long-standing difficulties and can have periods of presenting with high risk. You need to have an interest in working with this client group and be stimulated by the daily challenges this work brings with it - and by the opportunity to understand them together with similarly committed colleagues in the context of a culture of enquiry.
Quote from patients for this advert we have real relationships, they're not always easy but real. About us
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The work is dynamic exciting, interesting, stimulating, challenging and rewarding!
Nurses quote, In my 23 years here I have never been bored.
The team is welcoming, committed to learning and continuous improvement, we also offer:
Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- A beautiful setting with free parking near the Thames with easy access to train and underground.
- A cycle to work and car lease scheme.
- We offer part payment towards and personal therapy fees.
- This vacancy would suit experienced and newly qualified nurses, we provide the finance and time to embark on further training.
- West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
- We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and lived experience.
- Flexible shift patterns around personal need.
- This could be a permanent or a secondment opportunity.
- Birthday and well being days leave.
- Relocation allowance.
- Professional qualification in mental health - Mental Health Nursing (RMN) with current NMC registration
- Further significant professional development
- Completed the KUF Training
- Working with personality disorder
- Managing difficult situations
- Coping with impact of emotional distress
- Work experience of enablement rather than doing for patients
- Experience of Personal Therapy
- Life experience
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of boundaries and their use
- Use of supervision and mentoring
- Computer literate
- Risk assessment/management and crisis intervention skills
- Worked in a Therapeutic Community or Enabling Environment
- Self-awareness and understanding of impact of self on others
- Knowledge of social skills i.e. ability to say difficult things tactfully
- A willingness to undertake further specialist trainings
- Tenacity to pursue personal objectives
- Be aware of the limitations in your competencies and seek appropriate senior advice and leadership.
- Commitment to equal opportunities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivation to talk openly about own work experiences
- Personal experience of a mental health condition
West London NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.