37.5 Hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Band 5-6 Development Role
Are you newly qualified and looking to deliver mental health care to your local community? Redditch in North Worcestershire are seeking to recruit a community nurse to deliver outstanding care to the community. If you are passionate about delivering evidenced based interventions in the community, a career with us may be just what you're looking for.
We have a full-time developmental band 5-6 nurse opportunity, which is an exciting position for a Community Mental Health Nurse. We would also welcome and consider part time applicants. This development role is underpinned by a supportive competency-based framework to help build both your experience and competence in becoming a band 6 practitioner. We welcome newly qualified band 5 mental health nurse, or a nurse with inpatient experience who would like to develop their expertise in a community mental health setting.
If you are passionate, self-motivated, and looking to be part of an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of Neighbourhood Mental Health Service Team in Redditch then we would welcome your application and look forward to hearing from you.Main duties of the job
- The successful candidate will work as a key member and resource of the MDT core team.
- You will hold a blended caseload of common mental health disorders and severe mental illness patients however your caseload will reflect your stage of clinical development, will opportunities to build on your skills and consider your specialist areas of interest.
- working flexibly to provide the service delivery need across the county.
- Attending weekly MDT meetings, participate in professionals' meetings, signpost to adjunct services depending on patient need.
- Support and guidance to the carers of patients accessing the services.
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Act as a role model to colleagues, always seeking to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
Use their initiative and take responsibility for themselves and the quality of their work and the service they provide to patients.
Work across all clinically appropriate patients, 17 years old and over, to deliver evidence-based interventions.
Under the direction of Service Lead and as part of the Community Mental Health Service, provide prompt local assessment, triage, risk assessment, risk management, signposting, onward referral and evidence based interventions for people presenting with mental health problems.
Provide a presence for consultation for all primary care and CVS staff.
Represent the team on specific projects and working groups as required.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- One years experience working with people with mental health (this can be pre-qualification experience)
- Knowledge of caring for people in the community
- Knowledge of person-centred-care
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and amendments
- Mental Capacity Act
- Knowledge of current mental health issues
- Full, current UK professional registration
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Role modelling good behaviour
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team
- Ability to recognise own limits
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Hill Crest, Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.