We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic & highly motivated Pharmacy Technician to join the Homecare team at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the service, ensuring compliance with local & national guidance while enhancing its efficiency & effectiveness.Excellent leadership and communication skills are essential, as is a reliable, common-sense approach in the workplace.
The Homecare team is a growing section consisting of 14 staff members ranging from band 2 to band 7. The team are responsible for organising & managing the treatment, at home, of over 7000 patients, treating a wide range of diseases.
As a department we have an outlook that's forward thinking & are committed to delivering our Trust values. Patients first, working together & always improving.Main duties of the job
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.About us
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated 'Good' by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The main tasks will include: Managing the day to day running of the Pharmacy Homecare service. To support the Pharmacy Technician Homecare Manager in the management of the service including: Ensuring professional & legal requirement around the procurement & supply & payment of homecare medicines are met & maintained.
Liaising with clinical teams & homecare providers
What were looking for:
Experience and knowledge of Homecare Good level of IT skills Proven record of leading and managing a team The ability to lead change Good communication skills, both written & verbal Awareness of the UHS Trust valuesPerson SpecificationQualifications, knowledge and experienceEssential
- NVQ3, BTEC in pharmaceutical science or equivalent Technician registered with GPhC.
- One of the following additional specialist pharmacy qualifications Recognised accuracy checking qualification/accreditation. Medicines management qualification. TAQA assessor or equivalent teaching/training qualification CIPS level 4 Foundation management or equivalent demonstrable experience of day-to-day operational management of staff and workload.
- Extensive post qualification Pharmacy knowledge /experience in one or more areas of pharmacy specialism.
- Experience of staff management/operational workload and workforce supervision
- Recruitment and selection experience
- Competent in the accurate supply of medicines (in hospital or community pharmacy)
- Evidence of commitment to relevant ongoing CPD and personal and professional development
- Dealing with and resolving customers/patients' complaints
- Experience of leading a team
- Additional specialist pharmacy qualifications e.g. Completed APTUK Foundation Framework Recognised accuracy checking qualification/accreditation. Medicines management qualification. TAQA assessor or equivalent teaching/training qualification CIPS level 4 Foundation management or equivalent demonstrable experience of day-to-day operational management of staff and workload. Quality/Service improvement Qualification
- Awareness of current professional regulations/issues
- Experience of JAC or similar computer stock control system
- Experience of service development and or design and implementation of audit
- Experience relevant to role applied for e.g.: Logistics, providing a ward-based medicines management service, Clinical Trials or research experience, Aseptic services experience
- Experience of mentoring/coaching/motivating others
- Experience of ESR and E rostering systems
- Attention to detail
- General IT skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Emotional intelligence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Patients First
- Always Improving
- Working Together
University Hospital Southampton NHS TrustAddress
Southampton General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.